Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northlander

LOST KEYS

20 posts in this topic

Hey guys I was driving back from picking my truck up at RJ's yesterday and like a dork I left my keys on my tonnue cover and drove off. I got home and realized what I had done. Drove all the way back to RJ's and found nothing.

Probably came off the truck and someone picked them up.

I took 53 down to the mall and took a right at Perkins and went down over the highbridge.

If anyone finds them let me know. Long shot but worth a try.

Sorry to hear, but I will keep my eyes peeled!

Thanks Man. Im guessing they may have dropped going down piedmont. Hopefully a road worker found them and I can call and see if they were reported.

Steve, i'm headed up past that way tongiht around 6. I;ll check out the bends in the roads, and the stop light areas. My guess, probably taking the turn by perkins to head down the hill....but...i'm not good at finding lost equipment...we all know that.

I drive that area alot for work Steve, I'll keep an eye out. Casey, murphies law dictates you will probably be the one who finds the keys. wink.gif

Bummer Steve. You might want to place a lost & found ad in the paper.

Ya Im doing that. Anyone who can find me the number to call for the highway dept. I would appreciate it. Im thinking maybe a road crew may have found them. Frank is this something you may have?

Steve call MN-(Contact Us Please) at 725-2700 after 8AM Monday and report lost keys. Good Luck.

Cool and thanks Frank I figured you would have that #.

You coming down smelting if the ice ever leaves us?

Doing the same thing myself. Went golfing with a buddy, went to Lake elmo Inn after for a drink and watch the wild. After the game went to leave... keys are gone. Searched the bartenders garbage, the dishwashers garbage, the linin basket, everywhere... just gone. Frustrating.

Only good news, I discovered my hidden key was gone too, I'd rather find that out, when I'm 15 minutes from home, then when I'm at the end of the gunflint trail and 60 minutes from the nearest locksmith.

I once walked a ditch for 100 yards picking up text books, a calculator, a check book, a briefcase, credit cards...

The guy left everything on top of his trunk and drove off...

I'd look by wherever your first turn was... the first time you turned right or left, it would've slid off.

Quote:

I'd look by wherever your first turn was... the first time you turned right or left, it would've slid off.

I don't know about that, I had a 3/4 full can of Coke make the 22 mile trip to work in city traffic sitting on the back bumper of my truck. Good luck finding them Steve, you never know when or where they might show up, a lot of weird things happen in this world.

Ya like when my H2O slid out of the Ram holder and bounced into my splashwell just under the cables/hoses. Got home and lot I had lost it in the road someplace. Drove all over looking. No luck. Got home and looked all over the boat 2 or 3 times. Nothing. Went back later and checked again and there it was under the transom splashwell cables etc. Had been there all along but was so Pissed at myself I looked right around it.

Now I put a big rubber band around it when its in the Ram holder.

I had a pair of work gloves on my rear bumper that made it from the family cabin at Lake Vermillon all the back to my place in Duluth. Then they fell off as I pulled into a parking space. I just don't understand why some things stay and others just can't. blush.gif

Quote:

Ya like when my H2O slid out of the Ram holder and bounced into my splashwell just under the cables/hoses. Got home and lot I had lost it in the road someplace. Drove all over looking. No luck. Got home and looked all over the boat 2 or 3 times. Nothing. Went back later and checked again and there it was under the transom splashwell cables etc. Had been there all along but was so Pissed at myself I looked right around it.

Now I put a big rubber band around it when its in the Ram holder.

With this story and knowing the keys were on the tonnue cover have you looked between the cab and box to see if the may have slide forward? Might be laying on the fuel tank or something. Just a thought.

Ya I looked ther but will check again just in case.

Could try putting an almost exact key setup, in the almost exact place, and drive almost the exact route, in almost the exact same way...and lose another set in the same place...hopefully find them both... if someone is watching in the truck... or driving behind! grin.gif

This method has occasionally worked for "someone", for lost items...almost. blush.gif

: ) I found the set I mysteriously lost at the lake elmo inn.

I had been golfing, went to LEI for an appetizer and watch the wild playoff game... got done eating... no keys. Not on the bar, not in the truck, not in the bartenders garbage, not at the cashiers counter, manager didn't have em, not in the dishwashers garbage... no where.

Went golfing yesterday. Opened the bag to get my balls and tees, out pops my keys.

When I got out of the truck at the restaurant, I must have had some tees or something in my pocket, and when i stuck em in the bag, I must have inadvertantly put my keys in there too.

Feel pretty stupid now. We musta spent an hour or better trying to find those things. FOBs are expensive.

Northlander.

Just a thought on finding your keys. If you lost them before the bridge, you might check with the Adopt a Highway groups working those sections of road. Mn/(Contact Us Please) has also swept the bridge and maybe Piedmont Ave. and your keys may be where they dump the sweepings. Could be a lot of digging however. Also a question. Was there any colored bobble attached to them. Something that might attract attention to someone driving slow?

Black caribianer with a blueish bottle opener.

I'm sure they'll turn up Steve, but I'll entertain you with my own lost keys story. I get called out one morning for a high speed chase coming my way. Throw on jeans, tshirt, vest, handgun and cuffs in the waistband, grab the keys and jump in the squad. Just as I'm getting the stop sticks out, the chase goes by me. The pursuit ended just this side of Bena. I get back to town and SOB where's my keys? I look everywhere and nothing. About a month later, a couple other officers and I are out fishing and the one says, some guy at my wife's work just gave her a set of keys and they look like "cop keys". I couldn't believe it, but sure enough they were my keys. He found them along Hwy 2 where the pursuit had ended. It took some bending with the pliers and channel locks, but they were good as new. They'll turn up!

You and Tom should plan a day to get up here and hit Winnie or Bowstring with me towards the end of May!

Brian