Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DLoutdoors

Turkeys??? Quick Help!

4 posts in this topic

Well all, I am new to the site but thought I would throw it out there: My little brother drew a turkey tag for this area (From Fergus to DL) and the last two mornings we hunted hard: (Up at 4:30 and sitting in a blind until 9:00) without hearing a single bird! His tag is only good until Sunday and I thought I would see if anyone in the area of Zone 239 has any ideas of where I could put him on a gobbler. I'd be willing to trade info. or access to some turkeys... for access to bowhunting land (for deer), or a crappie or Muskie outing if someone wants. I am fairly new to the area and just can't figure out why we haven't heard or had a chance at a turkey. His license is only good through Sunday, so it's basically a Sat. or Sun. hunt for him. I will be with calling (I have decoys, blind, etc.) but wondered if anyone in the area could help me out. I would love to get him a turkey. (I plan to hunt the archery season at the end of May, hopefully by then the turkeys are back to the area we have been trying on.) Just thought I would see if anyone can help me out: You can email me at dloutdoors@hotmail.com or send a PM here. Thanks

was out of town last week but if you need some help during bow season let me know. hawk@fmymca.org

What part of the area were you hunitng in? I also hunt in that zone but I am out on the far west side. We only got one jake but I saw a lot of hens and heard a fair amount of gobbling but I think they were already with hens and not interested. I could help you out for the bow season if you are interested. If you want you can drop me an email and let me know if you are going. I have access to private land and there is some public land that I am pretty sure will hold birds. I love turkey hunting and have been pretty successful with a gun but have not tried bow hunting for them yet. brian_anderson1@msn.com

If anyone has any tips on where i could find one in three weeks , My 12 yr old daughter has her tag , since I just recently started a new job , my scouting time is not there ! Any help would be great !

BFT