• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trailer Tires from Fleet Farm???

MntkaFishin

Question

Have any of you guys ever bought the off the shelf trailer tires from Fleet Farm? I was wondering if anyone has a personal opinion or an experience since they seem to be much cheaper than buying from a boat dealer. I suppose its a case of "you get what you pay for."

6 answers to this question

No problems here! Just make sure you get the right size! And bearing buddies help as does a properly inflated tire. Have fun and drive safe!~ grin.gif oh I forgot to mention this is for 14 footers I have owned Im not sure how theyd be on bigger rigs confused.gif

On my large rig I went with Goodyear Marathons. On my smaller boat I buy the hub and wheel assembly from Northern. On the bias ply tires the right inflation is critical for good treadwear and is dependent on the load in the boat. Use the chalk method to make sure the whole tread and not just the center (too much air) or just the sides (too little air) are touching.

The tires are name brand (Carlile) and are just fine. I have two on my 4 wheeler trailer.

No problems here either. I will be returning soon for another set.

no complaints on the combinations i've picked up from fleet. Acyually better than what originally came on my snowmobile trailer. Good sale prices to.

I just switched the Carlisles off my 2 axle 5400 pound Shorelander.I ran a hub odometer and it showed 54,000 miles never a flat.But mandn did they wear,replaced with goodyear Bias ply .The bias plys are coming off tommorrow.Bump bounce clank,give me my radials back.

Carlisle is one of the worlds biigest trailer tire companies.