Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anchor man

Full Throttle fuel additive?

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone use Full Throttle fuel additive or know much about this stuff? I have an F150 Yamaha and want to start treating the gas throughout the season

Thanks

Quote:

want to start treating the gas throughout the season

I'm not familiar with that product.

What do you want to treat the gas for? Stabilize it? Reduce Carbon Buildup?, etc? I'm not questioning your desire to treat the gas, just wondering "issue" you want to treat it for.

marine_man

Marine Man,

I guess I'd like to treat for both stabilizing and reducing buildup.

i use it late season. will not gum up your injectors like some other major brand products will. eats up the water in your system rather than just sticking to it and trying to get it to burn.

mtreno,

The eating of water vapors is what really appealed to me, if I fill my tank (27gal) it'll take quite a while to burn through it and it sounds like the gas can break down and produce moisture within a few weeks.

I use Stabil for stabilizing and Yamaha's Ring Free for preventing carbon build-up.

I thought they quit making Ring Free. Is that not the case?

Thanks for the clarification...

I like Yamaha Ring Free (which still shows up on their webpage anyway) and Johnson / Evinrude 2+4 for fuel stabilization.

marine_man