Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Liar

Pool 2 4-18

1 post in this topic

Well at least it was a nice day out. grin.gif Not much to report for us. We had several bites up by the dam, fishing the current seam, the rocks and the calm water. We tried most of the area down to the creek.

One small fish, we did see one nice20 taken next to the lock wall. Tried several other areas back down to lillydale. Fish seemed to be hanging tight to the bottom. Slow retrieve, more bites on minnows than plastics, tried all the diff. colors and tails I had. There were a few people shore fishing all along the river. Good luck Goose, bring some minnows if your still going. Wish I could give you some more help. It was slow. We fished til 2pm.

Dan

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• brianfisher
      I recently had a chance to go fishing with my friend who recently purchased a Vexilar fishfinder. However we find it incredibly difficult to identify fish in the Sonar image. We tried even the fish alarm under settings but it didn't work reliably, going off at times with nothing on the Sonar image that looked like fish.   Any tips of what we should be looking for in the Sonar image?  
    • river rat316
      Getting the 6" clam plate hopefully this week. Picked up a brush less 20v dewalt on sale for black Friday. After using moose's drill a couple times last year I am all in on the drill plate!
    • brianfisher
      MN DNR is the most authoritative resource even though it may take a little getting used to. You can also study the contours on this website to identify humps and holes.   Minnesota Fishing Contours
    • Hoey
      Looking for a freeze up on Friday.  Temps will have been favorable for over a week and then the wind lets up.  
    • monstermoose78
      I am not that talented to carve and paint like that. But I love wooden duck decoys.