• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where's Windy?

boatfixer

You on vacation or what? Could be a coincidence, but I see the Whiteys are havin' a tough time. What was that thing about the lead dog and the scenery? grin.gif

Fixer

Oh, after today's performance by the Sox, I suspect we will hear from him soon enough...

Personally I think he's rehearsing his Buerhle gloat speech and it will be well deserved. Buerhle no hit the Rangers tonight and was a walk to Sosa in the 5th inning away from a perfect game.

Congrats to Windy

Sorry guys,

Staining the deck the last two nights and too tired to get on the computer. I'll take the outing by Buehrle, I hope this gets him back in his old form. Nice to see Dye with the Grand Salami and Big Jim with two taters. Long way to go and the scenery has not changed.....yet!

Windy

PS:

No I didn't even get to see the game but the good news was I didn't see last nights game either. Watched the highlights tonight on Baseball Tonight.

Windy

Found out a few more interesting notes on Buehrle's no-no: Sox set another few records with that game, shortest no hitter in history, putting the Sox in a two way tie for 2nd place for teams with most no-no's (tied the BoSox at 16 and trail only the Dodgers with 20) and also this is the first no hitter that also had a grand salami (Dye) and multi-homer hitter (Thome). Combined with a Kittie, Tribe and Cubbie loss it was a pretty good night here on the South Side of Chicago (in the baddest part of town).

Windy

LOL they have stats for everything...whatever makes ya feel better about your Pal Hose. Personally i think its sounds like a cry for desperation. If you need to dig that deep to find good things to say about your team.....all i can say is...... OUCH shocked.gif

Oh Windy - no response to my other post, and it comes up again:

F-L-U-K-E

And about the no-no (I'm sure you liked the fact he picked Sammy off) as you so like to sing: "but that was yesterday, and yesterday's gone".

I bet you're glad "yesterday's gone" eh, Geno? He He

And I was not searching for some obscure stats, just relaying what the boys on Baseball Tonight were saying. I have plenty of stats in the gas tank and they are only a little over a year old but I'm not going there!

Windy

Geno,

One outing, like Buehrle's no-no, Fluke? Maybe

Two seasons of 18 wins, sorry Bud, Fluke-free zone there, mi amigo!!!

Windy

Yeah, it showed in his last start. Time will tell who the biggest FLUKE is - Buerhle, Garland, or ZAMBRAINLESS.

Windy , you feeling OK ? You sound almost humble and you wrote like 3 or 4 things without slammin' the Twins . Should we be concerned ?

Ol' wiseman say: when in 4th place, keep gums from flappin'.

(Plus, it's like 2,487 against 1)

Ah Geno,

Young grasshopper is wise beyond his years!

Windy

And also, this early in the season we gotta conserve our energy for when things really heat up.

Long way to go still........

Yeah, if we wait to really get'er revved up, we might miss our chance as the Pale Hose might be 20 games out by mid-June. Or...OR....and I hate to even contemplate this, but the Pale Hose might be ahea....naw, I cant say it.

OK

Co_y_awg

I'LL PUT THE D IN YOUR SENTENCE!!!

WINDY

"Ol' wiseman say: when in 4th place, keep gums from flappin'. (Plus, it's like 2,487 against 1)"

Geno,

Since when is Windy askeered of 2,487-1 Twins fans? And you say the Sox are in 4th? I hadn't noticed that. OK, maybe I did. smile.gif

Congrats on the No-No Windy. Enjoy those. They sure don't come around often.

Fluke or not, a no hitter is a feat in itself. Gloat while you can Windy, cause you know that we would if it was CY-tana we would be doing the same.

Too bad a no hitter doesnt take you from 4th place to 1st, huh.

Marchel,

Give Buzzy some love from the south side of Chicago (in the baddest part of town) Tell him to get his butt back on the site, I am tired of dueling with un-armed opponents this season (just kidding guys) LOL

Windy

i was hurried today and didnt see how the sox did last nite. I can only hope they used a lot of pitchers. Twins dont seem to be firing on all cylinders now, but get just enough combustion to be in 1st place. Leading the central. On top of the pile. Setting the pace. Ridin' in the pace car. Man, there are a lot of sayings for being on top, eh? How many are there for being in 4th place? One outta last. Almost in the cellar. Looking up at the big boys....

good, i didnt miss any "d's". grin.gif

Quote:

i was hurried today and didnt see how the sox did last nite.

They beat Toronto, 5-3.

Oh, you mean the WHITE sox? I dunno. Who follows THEM? wink.gif

CodyDawg,

How about this one...

Early Ripe, Early Rotten!!!

Windy

Man, Windy, C'mon don't curse Buehrle like that! He is one of the few sox I like (Thome and Erstad being the others).

Now that things have tightened up a bit (4 teams within a half game!!), this board should be rocking.

the best is arod hitting home runs ad the yankess dropping in the win column LOL GOTTA LOVE IT

Hey Cody,

What were those phrases you were batting about just a few days ago? 4th place, looking up at the big boys, one spot out of last place??? YO looking very average, closers not doing their jobs??? How about adding those to your list???

It's Going To Be An Interesting Season, My Friend.

RELAX, SIT BACK, AND STRAP IT DOWN as the Hawk-A-Roo says. He also has been saying this an awful lot after our Sox games...THIS GAME IS Oh-Vah!

Windy

See, ya gotta love this time of year. So much going on. So quick to go from first to third or whatever it works out to.

Right now, with regards to the twinks, man, we gotta use that lumber for something other than toothpicks. Oh, what I wouldnt give for a homerun.....what has it been, about 15 games since we went yard?