Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Go Ike

Ice Out?

12 posts in this topic

I'll be heading up to Bemidji this week on a college visit and was just wonderin if the ice was out or when the estimated ice out date is. Thanks

Ice is still on Lake bemidji and people are still ice fishing. The shores are getting sloppy and the ice season wont be lasting much longer but the ice will prob be on bemidji for at leats a week or two yet. The suckers will be prob be running in the streams pretty soon though if you were looking for some open water action.

what? people are still ice fishing on Bemidji lake? how are they getting out there? crazy people, i say!

I thought the same thing, but there were people out there on Monday, and I saw 6-8 people out on Turtle by my house on Sunday and Monday. No thanks, I'll wait until open water. Should go pretty quick if we get the rain that we are suppost to get this weekend.

Tony, give me a call, the 'eyes are running in that river, shouldnt be long till the suckers get going.

I heard a rumor that theres still 24" of ice once you get past the shore line decay.

I for one will be waiting to drop the boat in!!

Bob,

If I get the time I will but my thesis project just started so I am cranped for time. Good luck fishin.

its going fast now, south end of the lake is pretty open

How does Plantan look for ice???

I think Plantan is open. I was out to my cabin on the west side tuesday night. I figured she would go tuesday or wednesday night, cuz there was very little left on tuesday.

I am heading out there in an hour.

Had ice on the north end of Bemidji this morning gone by 5 she is open as far as I can tell.

Went for a boat ride with the family on Bemidji and man did it feel great. I had the motor tuned and now I can fly across the lake!