Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dieguy

mounting my Marcum 'ducer to the front side of my boat??

2 posts in this topic

I have a Crestliner Fishhawk 1750 and have been using my marcum flasher. I have recently added an eagle graph w/ GPS and want to move the Marcum up front. Is there a good way of moving my existing ducer up to the front of the boat. I have heard of people putting them on the trolling motor but I think they use a different "puck" style transducer and I have the rectangular rather large type transducer. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. thanks

Yes, Marcum does have a puck transducer designed for mounting on a trolling motor. You can review that installation here

Puck Transducer Install

If you don't have the extra cash, I'd try mounting the high speed transducer similar to the way the puck style is mounted. Minus the bracket, hold the transducer up to the bottom of your trolling motor and think about how you could "attach" it. Using just zip ties would probably work.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Wanderer
      Whatever it takes to open the ring enough to get the process started.  I've just found I have a lot more control over the process with a couple small pliers and fewer pokes in the finger tips.   I've even been known to use the pliers for other things but I'm kind of creative that way. 
    • ZachD
      The one by Long lake and Green lake       East of 169 A little North passed the main drag in Zimmerman MN
    • SweetsFishing
      1-24-17 Fishing Report The fishing in the 30-33 feet of water range has been producing several limits of 14-17 inch Walleyes and Saugers with a few smaller yearlings in the mix as well. We have also seen a few perch around the 12 inch range as well as a few tulibees and pout coming up the holes. The fish have been biting more timidly so patience before setting the hook is a must. A plain red hook on a dead stick continues to produce a decent number of fish as well as using smaller jigging spoons,rattle spoons,buck shots and stop signs with glow in the dark pink,green,blue and gold being the effective colors. The hot times for the bite seem to be between 10 am-4 pm with a decent number of bites being reported between first light to 10 am. The bite in the 16-20 feet of water range has cooled off a bit with a few keepers still being brought up mixed in with a handful of yearlings. The flashers continue to be a highly recommended tool up here on LOTW as there remains to be a decent number of suspended fish being seen.  Good luck fishing on beautiful Lake of the Woods!  
    • jeremy fisher
      I also had same issue, I just replaced mine one week ago
    • PRO-V
      Which Blue Lake?