Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
diehard

Can I get a boat in at the gap this weekend?

4 posts in this topic

I heard that it looks like I should be able to put a boat in at the gap this weekend---can anyone give me the low down on the ice conditions in the gap/four mile bay?

Call ahead,I would be surprised to see boats at the gap this weekend.

Yah, I don't know if it'll be open or not? I can tell you it's getting closer! I was looking at the Clementson Resort Web site and they are saying the river is open past Clementson a little ways. So it is moving and opening up, but...There is a lot of river to go before reaching the bay. Something like 14 miles of river opening in two days??? I dunno, ya might have to fish the river.

I'm coming up this Saturday and personally it doesn't matter to me. Bay or river, theres more than enough water to fish in the river and the Sturgeon fishing is just as good if you know where to look!

I'm just hoping it's not gonna be pouring rain all day on Saturday...Common nice weather!!!!! grin.gif

I called Schusters this morning. He said the river is open to Baudette. It is also open across from the resort and 4 mile bay is all open. He thought by tomorrow you might be able to launch and get to 4 mile bay.