Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Katman

Whos going to Duluth this weekend?

6 posts in this topic

Whos going to Duluth/Northshore this weekend for smelt and/or steelies? From all the posts...Seems like we got a good crowd going. I guess we're all just counting on the guys up there to give us the ok whether or not the fishes (loops,steelies, and smelt) are there. grin.gif

Water is still real cold. I really dont think the smelt will run before this weekend but ya never know. Keep a eye on the smelting post and Ill keep ya up to date. Ill be out nightly.

As far as stealhead and loopers its been slow but a few being caught.

Steve, you think you could do something about that white pak ice stuck to the points wink.gif A strong SW wind and warm rain would sure help things out.

I've been watching that pack outside my front window this week...its actually melting at a pretty good rate. Every morning i look at it, its further and further towards the lift bridge. I give it two weeks at current weather and it'll be gone. Thats not good new for smelting however.

Ran I was thinking we all get our boats out there and drive by it at quarter throttle with the nose high and toss as big of a water wall at it as we can for a day and see what that does. Or wake those coast guard guys up and have them take the breaker through it a few times. grin.gif

Its not looking good at all for the points.

Im going to check the St.Louis but I havent seen Seversons get their nets out so I dont think its worth it.

I think I saw one go out the other morning.The one that drops the nets.