Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vitalshot5

OPENER??

16 posts in this topic

Where's everyone heading for opener....I thought about hitting middle corm.....but I just can't pass up a free trip to upper red....

I'll be doing my annual trip to LOW for the weekend.

can one of the moderators have a poll of some of the top lakes in the area? don't know how things work like that or not but would be cool to keep a running tally. Opener for me used to be best when I went fishing on the otter tail river and seems like had better luck and didn't need the boat. Opener is just over done seems like. would rather fish a few weeks into it when it aint so dang cold or windy or rainy.

Coin toss between Pelican, ten mile, Lac Qui Parle, Sallie, Mellisa, Star, rush, Otttertail or Big Commorant. I will be at one or all or most during the weekend of openr.

Nooner will be hitting up lizzie, hopefully we can stick some nice eyes and take home top prize in the tourney.

im having a debate between white earth and shell both are great lakes and big

Headed i think to pelican or ottertail or maybe pine. Idk i'll decide friday night about midnight like usual.

My buddies and I are still on for Mille Lacs... Hope the waves aren't a flyin. May in MN, based on my past 4 years of living here now, leads me to believe that it will be the typical 25 mph wind, 42 degree day with rain showers... smile.gif

Big Detroit followed by a few other small favorites.

I will open on Walker with a few buddies.....

I'll be up at Round with some friends

I have been leaning closer and closer to mellisa. But I may fall over and hit pelican again. I sure I will decided about 11:15 PM

Big Rock Lake or South Twin both sweet lakes around opener.

Ummmm ... Yeah ... Paul ... Yeah ...

I will see you on Pelican, my Brother.

You know you will be there.

May hit Upper or Ottertail, but I doubt it.

Blueberry for me, then maybe Marion or Melissa. At night, I'll hit the shore and fish on foot at some good spots.

Unless these 40 mph wind gusts keep up, I'll be out on East Silent trying the night bite on Sat. I've never been there before so not sure what to really expect. If that doesn't pan out I'll likely be over on one of the Pines, Big C or maybe even Little Mac. Hmm...thinking about this makes me realize I haven't opened on Buffalo for a looong time. That used to be good too.