• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mille Lacs Area Crappies

Crappie Rage

Are there any lakes in the area that have decent numbers of crappies in them?? No specifics requested. Except maybe the name.

I'm also going up there this weekend. Leaving the boat behind. Any suggestions for shore fishing crappies on some of the lakes around Garrison? What about marinas/bays on Mille Lacs?

Mille Lacs is full of crappies they will be in heavy this weekend in isle bay, Thaines river, Wahkon and Cove bay. They are very big and good eat'in! i hope you have a big pan for some of them fillets. grin.gif

We would be staying on the North side of the lake, but if it were within 45 minutes or so, we could handle that.

My reccomendation would be Borden; which is just up the road from tutts bait, on 18 outsiode of garrison on the way to brainerd. If your shore fishing it may be tricky. Try every where you can get access, lake gets deep quick in some places, also try the inlets and streams between lakes up there. probably not in the yet but I have hade good luck w/ kids there. If you go by tutts, take a look at a lake map and ask Matt where you should go. Good luck, let us know how it went and where you decided to go.

I'd say Farm Island, but I doubt its open. Same with borden. Smaller lakes like Ripple or Spirit with a river at the access should be open.