Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Holm

Seeking a new Avatar

14 posts in this topic

For those that know me, you know I spend a fair amount of time on the water. Well, starting tomorrow is one of my highlight trips of the year in terms of catching big fish. I’m heading up to the Rainy River and Lake of the Woods to fish for our states largest and oldest fish – The Lake Sturgeon.

They are a rod breaking, anchor moving, boat circling, aerobatic, creature that commonly breach the 50lb mark.

This year I’m making it a 4 day trip in hopes of landing multiple massive fish. Last year it was a 2 day deal for me and it was easily the highlight fishing trip of the season for me. If all goes as planned, I’ll be sporting a new avatar picture come Monday. Bring on the Strugeon Excursion!!!

Have a good and safe weekend.

Good luck to you Tyler. Sounds like a blast. Look forward to seeing the new avatar.

Good luck to you Tyler! I hope you the best, have a safe trip as well.

Have fun up there looks like the weather should be pretty decent for you up there. I was hoping to make it out to the Zumbro on Monday, but I can't stray far from home right now... waiting for my son to decide to leave mom and come meet the world. Hopefully in the next week or so... then I as well will have a new avatar!

Scrod, you could prolly change your signature at the same time. grin.gif

Good luck, have fun, and don't rock the boat.

Looks more like a crappie to me. No sturgeonfishes?

Tyler must be tired and sleeping in after wrestling w/ all those prehistoric giants!!!

Caught over 60 sturgeonfish in my boat. I got 2 over 50" with the biggest going 52" (45lbs) and the entire 30min fight and release was on film. It might be in the HSO video. Patients my friends. I'll get a report up and a new avatar in due time.

I only took a few picks with my camera and this is about the only pic that works for an avatar. It'll do for now. It's a 44"er that has a DNR tag in it.

My other buddy took most the pics and he will be sending them too me soon. He might have a better one for an avatar.

I don't think that the avatar does that fish justice. Looks like a real brute, can't wait to see the full size photos. Hopefully I won't be turkey hunting next year and can make it up there for some of that rod bending action!! smile.gif

Andy, YOU WANT ACTION?

ty_fighting4.jpg

ty_fighting6.jpg

Looks like the custom rod held up pretty good!! grin.gif Those pics really make me want to head up there next year!!!

boy, that is one goofy lookin creature, but the fish looks nice grin.gifcool.gif

WOW!

I think Roch could host it's own Comedy forum on FM. I've seen some talented prospects on here over the past several years. wink.gif

That's some good stuff three, lookin. My wife things both are goofy lookin.