• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

weekend after opener around Finlayson

I am looking for some lakes that a person could have a chance at some walleyes and northerns the weekend after opener. My buddy has a place near Big Pine, and is working his school's Relaty for Life that Friday night so Mille Lacs is out. any other lakes in the area that we should try? Thanks

You could head about 15 min north and hit Sturgeon or Island Lake. The northerns are big and hungery on Sturgeon. Check the regs 20" max if you want to keep them.

yeah, i'll say sturgeon for walleys, but there are some other ones around there that have some great northerns, and some pretty decent bass if you know where to find them.

upper pine lake by hwy 18 is pretty good for walleyes as not many ppl r fishin on it as almost every1 r heading for mille lacs... just a suggestion...

My friends shack in the woods is about 1 mile from the landing on upper pine. Where would you suggest we start? I know it is a flowage and we have fished it a few times, would dragging the channel be best? find the steep shore breaks, I know where there are a couple humps on the south end of north pine. is it a early morning late evening bite lake or are they catchable all day long. Long snells and leeches or crawlers? Jigging?

My brother and I will either hit Mille that saturday morning or we will be on Pine that morning. I drive a late 80's grey crestliner with a 40 evin, and a 9.9 evin. on the back. Keep your eyes out for us, swing by and say hi. Thanks for the help