Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gunflint

Lake Levels

9 posts in this topic

I was just curious about lake levels in the area. We are down close to 20 inches from last spring in the mid-gunflint trail area. This will make a huge difference for us this summer. I'm not sure that we'll even be able to put our pontoons in at the landing and if we can I don't know if the water will be deep enough at the dock we tie them to.

Did the snow in March help in the Duluth area? Most of it missed us.

I'm thinking of getting into the prop and lower unit business. tongue.gif

Still LOW around here even with some run off.

I agree; everything's ridiculously low around here right now. We'll need some pretty heavy rain pretty soon here, otherwise it might be a pretty rough season...

I'm more concerned what effect the low water could if any have on spawning eyes, gills and crappies.

Frank they will find a spot to do their bussiness dont worry about that. With low water Im more worried about temps. I have a feeling by opener everything will be pretty close to normal.

The St.Louis has gravel bars in the middle of the river and people walked out to them, put a picnic table out and must have been enjoying the scenery. I hope they get the table out before the water rises. grin.gif

I have a feeling that this year is gioing to be a good opener and season all over the Northland. I think by opener fish will be into post spawn and hungry. But mother nature could screw that up with some more snow and freezing temps like it was a few years back.

I read that the lake is still 2 in. above the record low which was set in 1926. Still scary though.

with the low water we can expect a good year for fewer mosquitos, Id assume. correct me if Im wrong.

Quote:

with the low water we can expect a good year for fewer mosquitos, Id assume. correct me if Im wrong.

Correct!! laugh.gif

Maybe, but I'm thinking that the mice and the bees will be bothersome.