Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crop

Miltona

27 posts in this topic

Hey Woodland is the ice out yet i wan to come up this weekend

thanks

Nope, some open water out there, now. However, I would be surprised to see it out by the weekend. If it does go out by the weekend, its going to be blown out by the strong South East winds they are predicting. That might make the north side of the lake messy.

I think you are better off looking south 10-15 miles, where the ice is off, or almost off. LeHommeDue and Geneva will get the last of the ice off today. Minnewaska and Osakis are both open.

I hope Miltona will be early next week, maybe over the weekend, if we get some rain.

Don't worry, though, there are lots of chores to do, now that the snow is gone. Just stop by I can let you borrow a rake! grin.gif

Sounds like big wind coming. That should eat the ice of Miltona off.

Is it out yet i need to catch some slab crappies

No, probably one or two more days.

You don't need to go to Miltona to catch slab crappies. They are bitting real well on some of the tiny lakes in the area already.

So the big wind didn't blow the ice off miltona today eh?

The Southern 1/2 to 2/3 is free.

I am planning on pulling the boat up and putting it on the lift this weekend. Do you think that is going to happen?

East of the flats is all clear except for Tamerac Bay, which was full of ice, plus about 1/4 mile out from there, when I looked about 11:00 this morning. I would guess that the its all clear on the west side, except maybe by Johnson's RV Park, and maybe into Lucky Acres bay.

The wind is definitely piling the ice onto shore in the Sandy Beach area.

Thanks Woodland, Sounds like the ice will be off by Sat. or Sunday for sure.

Thanks for the info.

So is the lake ice free now?

definitely. an inch of rain last night, too.

I put in my buddies dock in on Miltona yesterday. The lake is definately free of ice.

Anybody been out fishing?

yep nailed on south side

See the fish in my avatar, well...thats only 2 of them.

I too am heading up go to the South shore on East side

Does anyone know where a guy can get a pick-up load of fire wood for the summer? We need some bad!! We are on Miltona.

Bubba,

Call Jacob at 320-760-7728. Tell him Steve from Woodland recommended him.

Thank you Woodland, I will give him a call.

Thanks again!

my brother has some fire wood for sale just give me a e mail at grothen@gctel.net we are located just west of alexandria

I was up on Miltona over the weekend, fishing wasn't great, but the weather sure was. Anybody else have better luck on the fishing this weekend?

We went out Sat. and caught 4 slabbers. We got out to late though as they shut off soon after we got to our spot. Your right, the weather was beautiful!!!!