• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Identification Help

I was fishing the Mississippi River in Sauk Rapids tonight and this goose/ or whatever it is came swimming by and nobody around us knew what it was. Any ID would be great thanks guys. Sorry if its not clear I had to zoom in quite a bit.

goose2.jpg

goose1.jpg

that there is a bona-fide farm goose...could be what they call a "greylag" goose or whatever but it isn't wild and surely cannot fly.

How was the fishing? We managed a few suckers and carp in about an hour on the riv tonight

we kinda figured thats what it was when it struggled to cross the river and never tried flying.

we were at the canoe access where the sauk river comes in, not much biting around there tonight.

thanks and i guess i won't be naming a new species. haha!! grin.gif

it is an african goose They are different from other geese in having a large black knob on their head and a dark stripe down the back of the neck.

my buddy says there is one on a pond in rice county in going over in the morning to look at it the look cool seen 80 snows and a neck collered canada by kato last night

you're right IRISHSOBNO4. i googled african goose and the pic that came up was exact. now i wonder who's goose wandered far enough to get between the sartell and st. cloud dams. needless to say it definately looked lost!!