Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goose89

pool 2 advice / suggestions

4 posts in this topic

I'm going out (finally) thursday. I don't need specifics, just general help with where and what's been working lately.

Planning on going out of either 494 or St. Paul Park landings. Just general info please. IE wing dams?, back waters?, channel?, go to pool 4?, stay home? lol. Blades, meat, ringworms, paddletails..... ??? I've got them all ready to go.

A little "nudge" in the right direction(s) appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If anyone cares, I'll be in a black / tan Smokercraft w/ Merc o/b. Stop and chat if you see me or don't want to give advice to the "world". I respect the privacy that seems to be maintained on the Pool 2 thread.

Thanks again.

goose

Goose: I've only been out once in the last week on Pool 2. No luck for me between the confluence and the dam, and I haven't heard any solid reports from anywhere on the Pool. Pool 4 might be a better option.

If you do fish Pool 2, I'd probably opt for fishing off-channel areas around 494 and downstream. This is a time for transition as the walleyes are probably finishing up spawning. They're also responding to droping flow rates. The flows are probably still a bit high for a good wingdam bite, thus I'd look for off channel areas.

Better fishing on Pool 2 is probably just around the corner.

I'm heading down there tomorrow Goose. I'll try to get a report up tomorrow night.

Dan

Thanks fellas,

Liar, I'm looking forward to your report.

goose

goose55316 at msn (Contact Us Please) com