Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
KidWalleye

Swim platform question

KidWalleye    0
KidWalleye

Does anyone know of a platform that fits on a Crestliner 202 tournament? I can't seem to find one that will fit my transom. Thanks Kid

fishfart    0
fishfart

Try overton's

KidWalleye    0
KidWalleye

I've looked at overtons amd they don't have anything that will work. I'm asking anyone who has or had this boat what worked for them.

Valv    0
Valv

So you want a full platform or a 1/2 size ?

I had some 1/2 sizes from Crestliner, I know they have some but I cannot tell you for which boat, give them a call.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• monstermoose78
      I do, never thought about it. I will ask my buddy and I will have to work on blind retrieves. I never have done blind retrieves with Finn. I will have learn up on it now. If you have any tips or tricks it would help. Thank you Dave 
    • FishinCT
      Didn't catch a ton of fish this weekend but the ones we got were beauties. Just a bunch 15-17 inch fish with a 25" mixed in there. Last 2 days have been tough after the storm Sunday night. Marking tons of fish still and getting a good amount of bites on both spinners and lindys but most are biting short and tough to hook on the big minnows. Don't really want to throw on a stinger hook but that might be the way to go. Maybe should try pulling some cranks too. Looks like the rest of the week should be stable weather and good fishing!
    • Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle of Lake of the Woods!

Water temps are hovering in the low 60’s despite the very fall like weather we are experiencing. 

The scenic Canadian shore lines are coming to life with various critters. Otter, bear and more making preparations for the coming winter.

Walleye fishing in Canada is excellent with a jig and minnow or shiner. The most productive environment has been gaps at 15-18’ with plenty of current present. Good numbers of perch are being caught off deep edges or reefs at 30’ or more. Crappies are a little more difficult this week, the best chances are on a light set up.

Around Minnesota, walleyes can still be had with a crankbait but favored methods are switching over to a jig tipped with a shiner on main lake points between 20 and 24’. 

Muskies are moving deeper with anglers transitioning from casting to trolling. There is still time to boat a big fall fish!

We hope to see you soon!
      Sunset Lodge
    • leech~~
      Welcome to the forum. Give it a month and throw it on C/list, it should go then.
    • rundrave
        Im not a waterfowl guy and dont do a lot of it. But isn't that why you retriever guys do blind retrieves? My GSP's dont always mark down birds either and I just send them with hand signals. I think its just something we have worked on over time. Do you know anyone that has access to a zinger winger launcher etc. That's about the only other way to replicate it with out doing the real thing.
    • monstermoose78
      Thanks Dave this seemed to help with grouse, woodcocks,and ducks.  How does a guy get a dog to stay focused on the sky watching for birds? Finn did great at sitting or laying down for ducks but he does not watch for them so he does not mark the birds then. Any ideas to get him to do this?  
    • Mike89
      one of the  rivers will do ya...
    • jb bj
    • Guatican
      So a buddy and I are looking to see where we can get on some nice Pike action around the Kato area. We have no access to a boat so we'll be doing it from shore. Any insight on a good pike or any game fish bite would be awesome! Fall tends to be our Achilles's heel. 
    • Troy Smutka
      9/25/17     Hunted the hot, steamy MN duck opener on a public lake in central MN. Could see lightning to the west and north all morning until the sun came up. Must have been some serious lightning in those storms that were 100 miles away. Could still see the flashes, but of course could not hear any thunder. Saturday morning we saw the most bluewing teal I have seen on an opener since the 1980s. Must have seen a thousand teal and hundreds of mallards and wood ducks. Weren't in the best spot since we were the third boat on the lake, but still managed to shoot some teal and wood ducks. Busy watching ducks all morning. The teal I cleaned were migrators with quite a bit of fat--none on the wood ducks. Sunday morning was a different day--most of the teal were gone and the mallards and wood ducks were more wary. Managed two juvenile mallards. Think the shooting and the weather front moving in got a lot of the BWT on their way further south. All in all, a decent start to the MN waterfowl season, especially considering the temps were more like mid August. See what this weather and some cooler temps brings to the decoys this weekend. Good luck, and I will see you out there somewhere.