• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who is Heading Out Fishing This Weekend??

The weather has been pretty nice this week considering the april weather has been horrible. I am going to head out to Clearwater this weekend in search of some panfish. Does anyone know of any reports yet on Clearwater?? Good Luck to all fishin

eric

forcast has rain I think. today (WED) seems like the best day for it. 60 degrees temps dropping toward the weekend.

Well, I made it out afterall. After the morning storms I headed out to maple lake in search of the pannies. Didn't catch much in the way of anything. Started out the day with three northers on minnows. Man they were hungry. Spent about an hour trolling/casting plastics looking for some sunnies. Found them in Little Maple. They started out in 12 feet but moved shallower to about 2 feet. Depth finder showed a lot of fish. Was very hard to get them to bite. Seemed more of the fish were located on the first feeding shelf. The warmer weather should be moving them up into their beds soon.

Any reports from other lakes.

Fished friday and sat on clearwater, great fishing!! sunfish, crappies! caught a lot of bass on minnows in search for those crappies, also hauled in a 25 inch pike while fishing with a beetle spin! great weather after all!

eric

Must try some new lakes for early pannies. Crawford may be a sleeper with the shallow water it could warm fast. Alos looking at several small lakes around Buffalo to annandale area. I know there are some goodies.

Been out of town on business for 10 days. Had a chance to cruise around for a few minutes last night to check out the activity on lakes near St. Michael. Lots of guys fishing Pelican (I saw bluegills, crappies and several bullheads caught), Schmidt, Beebe and Martha.

Hoping to officially start the 2007 season today.

Got out on Friday...lots of crappies....wind took care of any plans for Saturday and the boat is loaded and we will be leaving in a few minutes to try our luck again today. Life is good! smile.gif

JigginJim, I think thats what it's going to come down to. I might head out and hit some of the smaller lakes that don't have as much fishing pressure. I think Maple got hit pretty hard this past winter.

We got into the crappies again today...but all small, hand sized males...had one big fatty up to the boat and it pulled the old paper mouth trick and got away.

We got about 20 sunnies half a dozen slimmers and bass...one good bass about 3 pounds on a little twister. Everything was catch and release today.

We also got very wet! That rain jumped us right when we were calling it a day and heading in...wearing only a tee shirt and a hoody, I was soaked through in no time and commenced to freeze my butt off! One good thing though...now I won't have to take a bath this month! grin.gif

Fished Beebe for a few minutes with my 2-year-old Sunday afternoon. Only had waxies for bait, so no crappies. But we managed to catch a half dozen sunnies in about 15 minutes, much to my son's pleasure.

I got out. Man it was a zoo. Of course I picked Pulaski but still. Anyway, made it out around nine and headed to little Pulaski and caught nothing but dinks. Didn't seem like anyone was catching much of anything. Decided to head out to the main lake. Fished about 10 fow and only caught a couple of northerns. Proceded then to the sunken island and only caught a couple northerns. We were having fun none the less. Moved to the other side of the lake and started drifting. Found a little dead end channel and casted into there and bam, a sunny. Anchored up and a few fish later I hook into a 4 pound large mouth. Put up a fight on my altralight. Man was that fun. My dad caught a five pound carp right after I caught my bass. I laughed because thats the only thing he got from that spot. Nice day on the water but to many ding dongs speeding around the lake.

K Dawg

laugh.gif Shoulda been in our boat...on the 8th spot we tried, we found some fish. Your right, lots of traffic out there on Saturday....we were wondering how the others were doing, lots of boats moving around, so we figured they must not have been doing so hot.