Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Cooter

Attn Harvey L - pendulum ?

Cooter

Hey bud, which pendulum sight did you get and have you shot with it yet? Also, what is the sight in process like with pendulums? Can you get them dialed in for hunting out of a tree and then lock them down and have them sighted for say 20 yards on the ground - and do they hold that ground level impact well going between pend and locked? Thanks, I'm looking at the truglo pendulum right now online, wondering if the shops have the new sights in yet.

Anyone else with some pendulum experience please post! Later.

Oops, one more question...do you need fairly level terrain for them to work? I mean, if you are hunting a steep hillside are they still accurate if a deer is downhill or uphill from you?

harvey lee

I use to have a Savage and used it for two years and was very happy with it. Then, I thought I had to have the latest,greatest new sight and sold the pendulum. Now, five years later I'm going back to another pendulum as I never smacked deer so well for those two years.

I sight it in at 20 yards on the ground and then tree or ground hunt. It really doesnt matter if your 15-25 feet in the air as it adjusts for you.

The one I just bought is a Savage model 91535 featherweight camo, fiberglo. I have not used it yet as the bow is at Cabin Fever getting a new arrow rest installed.

If you have any more questions in regards to those pendulum's, fire away.

Cooter

I keep leaning more and more towards a pendulum. I love the simplicity of a single pin and no ranging worries up in a tree. For the ground one pin is fine by me as well, I've hunted in the past with one pin and have never had more than three. My current sight has 3 pins but I removed one and only use 2.

One question, with a pendulum once you find out your max effective range with a bows speed and all can you aim high on long shots? Say you know you're good out to 30yrds and you have a 40 yards shot can you compensate or are you SOL? Thanks, later.

harvey lee

I would think you would need to buy a pendulum with a lock for the moveable sight and then it would be like any other one. Raise to what you think for a 10 yard longer shot. I rarely hunt from the ground and if I do I'm always setting up for a 20 yard shot.

Without a lock on the sight it would move when you raise or lower it. That might also work the way they are designed. I have never researched that end of it. If I get some time tonight, I will look at and read different makes and see what they state about ground shooting.

Cooter

You get a chance to shoot that new setup yet Harvey?

harvey lee

No. I still have not picked up my bow from the shop when I had them put a new aroow rest on it. I'm hoping I will get it next week.

They called while I was gone and I was waiting for them to call me and say it was done. Time now to go pick it up.

Cooter

Harvey, get off the river chasin Mr Whiskers and try out that pendulum! wink.gif

harvey lee

I will have it checked out in the next two weeks, very busy with many things. I have used a sight like this before and was very happy with it. I love these sights for tree stand hunting.

I just got home from racing all of last week and will be fishing next week. Its a tough life my friend as I cannot seem to get it all done.

Cooter

I feel for ya man, might not be able to sleep tonight knowing you're under so much stress. Hang in there, things will get better, I promise wink.gif

harvey lee

Here's to ya Cooter--- tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gifwink.gif

Cooter

Just to help clear your conscience, I slept fine last night grin.gif