• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello, I am an avid sturgeon angler, mostly on the Rainy River, but I am looking to expand my sturgeon fishing elsewhere. Does anyone know of any info on sturgeon fishing on the red? Locations or success? Any info would be fantastic! Thanks.

Pig

Quote:

Hello, I am an avid sturgeon angler, mostly on the Rainy River, but I am looking to expand my sturgeon fishing elsewhere. Does anyone know of any info on sturgeon fishing on the red? Locations or success? Any info would be fantastic! Thanks.

Pig

What's been happening regarding sturgeon over on the Rainy lately? Any info would be appreciated...

Stu, I had a buddy fishing Sturgeon Hole, out of the Frontier landing a few days ago. He did really well. Never got a really big one, but saw a couple dandies caught and he got decent numbers (I don't think I ever heard an exact number of fish he caught, but I know he was happy).

Thanks for the reply Scoot! I doubt if I'll have any free time to make a trip to over the Rainy for sturgeon this spring. I'll settle for a trip or two on the Winnipeg instead. Right now I'm getting ready for the kitty season which will be getting underway on May 12th. Things are looking excellent so far, the river's in great shape so those whiskered giants otta be cooperative!