Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
HateHumminbird

2007 HSO Turkey Contest Prizes

HateHumminbird

We're still hammering out some prize options, but what I can tell you is that Chris Wall of Wall's Calls will be demonstrating his practical and artistic talents in the form of a number of calls for our contest.

Below are some pictures of his abilities, and I want you to be aware that these calls are incredibly functional, as well as beautiful! Each call is hand-made by Chris, one at a time, and he puts them through rigorous testing before he'll let anyone else even glance at the thing.

The secret to these calls is the soft slate. I can honestly say I've never called on slate that's more forgiving with so much realism. He makes them out of many kinds of woods, including Osage Orange, Persimmon, Walnut, Zebrawood (a personal favorite - it screams!), and a few other exotics he has on hand. Also, Chris makes a mean owl hooter, and a great tube call as well.

See below for pictures:

maple_rs.JPG

Above are a walnut/maple/carbon striker, maple/walnut striker with a flared tip, a maple/walnut pot, and a maple/walnut owl hooter.

walnut_rs.JPG

Above are a solid walnut striker with a "pill-shaped" tip, a walnut/carbon striker, solid burly walnut pot, and a maple tube call with a walnut bell.

allcalls_rs.JPG

Above are two pots (Persimmon and Walnut - Left to Right), and several strikers (Persimmon/Carbon, Persimmon flare-tip, Walnut "pill" tip, Osage Orange Flare-tip, and apple - Top to Bottom).

These are just a small amount of combinations/examples of Chris's phenomenal work. Please visit www.wallscalls.com for more information.

Joel

harvey lee

The calls look to be of high quality and will be a very nice prize. cool.gif

Thanks to Chris Wall of Walls calls.

Borch

Thanks again for your support Chris! Those are some sweet looking calls and I'm sure they make whomever wins it very happy! laugh.gif

Borch

Well I've been playing with my lathe and have turned out a few calls. I've always wanted to call in a bird with a call I've made myself. I'll donate a few calls as well as a couple of striker packs. Here's some of my work.

100_0543ed.jpg

There are a couple flared tipped Hickory , Cherry, Paduak and a Purpleheart striker. The three slate over glass calls are Black Walnut and Red Cedar. The Cedar call really sings! I'll be getting some Orange Osage done as well. The call on the far right is one my son turned out of Paduak for himself.

HateHumminbird

Jeff:

Sweet looking calls! I'm a big fan of the flare-tips after Chris Wall turned me onto them. I'm very impressed.

Joel

Powerstroke

I only hope our team can win something like that. I use slates almost exclusively although I've never tried a flared tip.

Thank you to those contributing to the contest.

Borch

Quote:

Jeff:

Sweet looking calls! I'm a big fan of the flare-tips after Chris Wall turned me onto them. I'm very impressed.

Joel

I hope the turkeys are equally impressed. wink.gif

Captain B.R.K

Thanks Joel and Borch for putting these prizes together. All look like quality "tools" to have in the field for future turkey hunts.

Good Luck to everyone and let the best hunter win grin.gif

outfishedagain

if the calls sound as good as the look, them turkey's better watch out. I'd just like to thank everyone who put together this "contest" and the prizes. Being a newer member its been great sharing and learing with everyone. So thanks again, and good luck to everyone.

cw642

Just thought I'd drop a quick thanks to all that checked out my new website and a very special thanks to all that put in orders. Remember any feed back is appreciated, plus I like seeing the pics from everybodys hunts.

Now, I've been in the shop the last few weekends and have been working on the calls I promised for the turkey contest. Heres a little taste of some I'll be sending Borch. They are all made of Cherry Burl, and the lanyard is a two drop spiralweave. I really like how this pot sounds with the two piece cherry\walnut striker. I also have a Persimmon pot that is just about done that I'll also be sending.

contestcalls.jpg

Thanks again, CW

www.wallscalls.com

Borch

Swwet Looking calls Chris!

cw642

Thanks Jeff, I think I'll hand deliver these to you so we can talk trade secrets. wink.gif Nelson shoot Jeff my Cell # if you have time. Thanks buddy.

CW

Borch

Email sent Chris.

I was making saw dust yesterday afternoon. I was in a striker mood yesterday. Today or tomorrow I'll get the last few calls turned for the contest.

HateHumminbird

You got it Chris! Hope life has been good up in your neck of the woods.

Joel

Borch

Well I've been making a lot of saw dust this week. Here are the calls and strikers I'll be donating for the contest.

HSOContestCalls2.jpg

The Call on the left is a 3" mini slate made of Black Ash finished in varnish and paired with a Cherry striker. The call front center is a 3 1/2" slate make of Black Walnut finished in rubbed oil paired with a Purpleheart striker. The call back center is a Red Cedar 3 1/2" slate finished in rubbed oil paired with a Purpleheart striker. The call on the right is a 3 1/2" glass call made of Red Cedar finshed in varnish paired with a Hickory striker. Far right is a striker pack made up of Purpleheart, Hickory and Cherry strikers.

I hope the winners enjoy the calls. They all have turkey sounds in them. wink.gif

huntmup

CW and Borch, Your calls and strikers look awesome. The lucky team to win them should be very honored to add your art work to their collection/arsenal, I know I would. grin.gifgrin.gif

Great job.

Dan

LABS4ME

Nice job Borch!!! I've been slowly adding hand made calls to my repetoire... I think they 'hook' a turkey better than most store bought models.

Good Luck!

Ken

Gordie

both you guys make some really nice looking calls. Might have to try and make my own sometime soon.

Surface Tension

Very nice looking calls, your guys do nice work.

HateHumminbird

Borch:

Very nice work! If they sound only half as good as they look, they'll be winners!

Joel