• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Time for Lemaire to go.

PikeBayCommanche

Too old school in my opinion. Never has more than 1 guy down ice. Thoughts???

No way would I want Lemaire to go. He is one of the hands down best coaches out there. His system has worked all year and now that we may get swept out of the playoffs its all the sudden his fault? He may be to blame for part of it but the other part is on the players not playing up to their ability.

His style of coaching is to old school. Need to be more offensive minded. Your right the players are not playing great but with the talented offensive players compared to defensive stars we needed to utilize them more. If you understand about styles of play you can easily see this.

Would creating more offense also create more pressure on an arguably suspect defense?

The players are profesionals but they lack the experiance that is needed for the playoffs. These guys are not taking the shots when they have the chance. Watch the play tonight, if they are throwing the puck on net instead of looking for the pretty play they will dominate, as soon as they go and try to be pretty, fancy, or whatever you want to call it their passes are intercepted and the Ducks go the other way. Lemaire is going no where.

I guess I am in the minority here but none of these old school style coaches seem to be doing much in this new age of the NHL. I hope that some big names can be brought in over the off season or I don't see much changing next season.

The other thing you have to remember is we have a lot of young guys - Burns, Gabby, Shultz, Koivu, Bouchard- you don't see a lot of other playoff teams with this many young guys that make up the core of the team. Just think if they can keep these guys together for the next 2-5 years how good they will be!! They are getting good playoff experience right now, and Lemaire and Risebrough know how to bring along players and how to pick up good vets for the young guys to learn from - Carney, Walz, Parrish, Johnnson.

Quote:

No way would I want Lemaire to go. He is one of the hands down best coaches out there. His system has worked all year and now that we may get swept out of the playoffs its all the sudden his fault? He may be to blame for part of it but the other part is on the players not playing up to their ability.

I would have to agree. I can't think of another coach out there right now that I'd rather have coaching the Wild either.

Lemaire is a defense oriented coach. Defense first and the offense will come. I love his style and its why they have made the playoffs this year. If you can be dicipline and protect your D-zone you always give youself a chance to win. Yeah, the Wild do have some great offensive players, which means the scoring should take care of itself. Right now in this playof series, their obviously not getting the scoring they need. The Ducks are the team playing better Defense, any wonder on why they are up 3-0 in the series? I'd say Lemaire is doing just fine.

I don't want to see him go, although I'm not crazy about his style. Why is it so hard to realize that dumping the puck in on the PP DOES NOT WORK??!!! It's been driving me crazy all year. When you have the man advantage you should almost never have to dump it in but they continue to do it almost everytime. Last night on one of the PPs they dumped it 4 times during the 2 minutes and they did not get control once. The Ducks know it's coming and beat them to the puck and it's out of the zone. Then later on in the game they finally carry it in and they get a goal. It's so simple yet these NHL coaches and players cannot figure it out.

Thats one of the main things that bothers me. That has been the biggest difference in the series so far. The power play has been horrible.

As far as dumping the puck in on the power play, I'm guessing it's because of the way the Ducks have been standing them up on the blue line on the penalty kill. If I remember correctly the Wild kept getting jammed up at the blue line earlier in the series when they were trying to carry it in. I don't recall them dumping it in as much during the regular season anyway.

You're exactly right,they were trying to carry it in the first couple games of the series; seems to me that it didn't work out all that well. If they'd have kept it up, half of these guys would be b!tch!ng that they need to dump in the corner & go get it. This time of year, it's just like in football, it takes a good "D" to win. You obviously have to score points, but look at this series; the ducks weren't scoring very many goals, but still winning the games because they were playing great defense. I guess the "old school" ways of their coach seems to be working OK.

They've been dumping the puck in on he PP all year...it's not just this series.

And their PP was #6 in the league this year (out of 30 teams); I'd say it was working OK, but that's just my opinion.

The Wild are not the only team that dumps the puck on the PP...I would say every team does it but carries the puck over the blue line when the defence is further back behind the blue line.

But if you pay attention, they keep control of it MUCH more when they carry it on and not dump it in. I don't care if they're the #6 PP, they would've been #1 if they would've carried it in.

Again..the first PP tonight. 3-4 dump ins and almost no control in the offensive zone. You know...I really don't care if they dump it in if they're the first to the puck and get control. The thing is they don't do that and when they actually carry it in is when they keep control. PMB is by far the best at doing this...he needs more PP time.

I am not a fan of dumping the puck in either. Yes they are standing us up on the blue line. That is how they beat us. I can only remember 1 or 2 odd man rushes a game, on the PP or not. But on the PP, when you dont have any power forwards how are you going to get the puck back. You think any of our forwards are going to beat pronger to the puck or knock him of it. NO! A cross ice pass to the hash mark seemed to be the only thing that worked at all. Bottom line we dont match up against the Ducks. I think we would have fared well against pretty much any other team.

AS far as Lemiere, not sure. I like high powered offenses and sometimes I feel he neglects ours. Its hard to say he should be thinking more offensively when we just got worked by a defensive team. Oh, and by the way. If we everhit the net we might have a chance at scoring.