Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinrush

River Fishing (WI opener--MN License)

7 posts in this topic

I have an opportunity to fish the St. Croix river for the WI opener this year, but am a bit confused about the license requirements.

Can I fish WI opener on a MN license, even though MN is closed? I am of the understanding that I can, but want to know for sure, before I head out.

How about possesion limits?

I also am of the understanding that in WI you can fish 2 lines in the summer. How does that apply on the river?

Thanks for your help!

FishinRush

Yes you can fish with a MN license. Yes you can use two lines. Double check the regs but you can have 6 walleye, sauger or combination of the two. Walleyes on the river must be 15" saugers can be any length.

Sounds good. Any tips on early season river 'eyes?

Quote:

Yes you can fish with a MN license. Yes you can use two lines. Double check the regs but you can have 6 walleye, sauger or combination of the two. Walleyes on the river must be 15" saugers can be any length.

Oh, is that it! I've been releasing them saugers over the years because they were short of 15".

I'm assuming you would need a Wisconsin non-resident Fishing license also?

No, Minnesota license will work. In the past WI residents had to have a MN non-res lic. They got the dates strait this year finally.

Thanks fishfearme!