• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Water fuel seperators??

Hey just boat a newer boat for me, and its have mercursier and such, but I notice it didnt come with fuel/water seperator!! should a guy install one on?? are they good to have??

Is it an I/O? My opinion would be if you have the room put it on. You should be able to pick up the kit from west marine. An once of prevention.

its inboard yes!! does it matter if mount up and down or can i put it sideways??

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'd put on in. Right now you probably have a small bowl and filter. Doesn't take much water to fill that up. There should be instructions with the new separator as far as proper instillation.

It must be installed vertically, with the seperater canister hanging below. Otherwise you would not be able to remove it to change or dump the contents out without the fuel running into the bottom of your boat. Gas fumes are not good in an enclosed area. You should be able to get this at any marine service center.

Dave I see your dock is ice free, wish I cound say the same about the big lake.

Excellent, I am coming up this weekend to get things ready, The wax the hull, bottom paint the edges thing, then plan on launching the weekend after. Hopefully they will have the docks hooked up by then.

AND buy a bunch of extra fuel filters AND practice changing them in 6'-8' while halfway between the mainland and Isle Royale. That's when the crap that's been gathering in the bottom of the tank is going to get stirred up and sucked into your fuel system. This is the voice of experience...it isn't a whole lot of fun...

Lota Lota...