Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

fisherslanding    0
fisherslanding

I tossed a dart and it hit on whiteface for opener. I have fished it once before in the center finger. Has anyone fished the other fingers? Is it tough to navigate?I thinking that most fish will be up where the river dumps in. Any thoughts would be great.

tyeeme    0
tyeeme

I fish whiteface quite a bit I fish the south side and troll with spinners. I a small boat you wont have much to worry about but like any resevoir there are plenty of obstacles. Seems to have a better bigger class of walleyes

fisherslanding    0
fisherslanding

There sure is alot of structure to fish!!!! Do you fish by the dam?I fish Island alot and do very well. Would you say to fish whiteface the same?As far as wind blown points and islands? Are you fishing whiteface on opener?

tyeeme    0
tyeeme

I have a cabin on Island so usually Im fishing there but venture to boulder or whiteface when the traffic on Island gets to me. I think fishing on whiteface is better than island for sure and you do catch bigger keepers also. Most fish I catch on island are under 16" but whiteface seems to have a popular class that are 16" to 18". The structure of whiteface seems more fishable it seems easier to find fish unlike Island that has a lot of structure that doesnt hold fish. If I were you I would move my dart down and fish that other lake.

bigswede    0
bigswede

Just watch out for rocks. I was up at the cabin last weekend and the water is LOW!!!! Not to say it will be this bad on opener, but it wont be able to come up that much in 3 weeks.

tyeeme    0
tyeeme

Island is between 3' and 4' low. Which is higher than it was last year. The last two years we have got the rain we needed the last 2 weeks before the opener. We can only hope the same will happen this year. Or the tyee will stay in the garage for a couple extra weeks. Its even easier to drink barley pops when somebody else is drivin'!!!.

yukon    0
yukon

fisherlanding, with the water so low I do not think there will be much flow from the river. They might be up in that bay but I would look for shallow wind blown points and structure. There is a lot of structure and yes watch out for rocks. The locals mark some shallow reefs with jugs so watch out for them. good luck.

fisherslanding    0
fisherslanding

yukon, I didn't know if the walleyes tried to run up the river or not. I was thinking at the mouth of the river as a staring point. I'll check it out but I think you might be right with the water level being low. Have you ever fished the east or west finger before? Are they worth checking out? What about near the dam? Just looking for a few places to try you know. laugh.gif

yukon    0
yukon

I have never spent a lot of time over by the dam. Most of my time has been in the middle finger. I have never had to stray far from the campground access to find walleyes

fisherslanding    0
fisherslanding

Thanks again yukon! I'll give a report when we get back....Good luck to you on opener

Carp King    0
Carp King

I was at Whiteface this weekend the water was the lowest I've seen in the last 5 years. I will be back for opener low water or not. Every year you hear about lower units gettin thrashed by some rocks under the surface so please be careful good luck

mr.minn1    0
mr.minn1

well guy's thanks for the info i will be up there over memorial weekend for 4 days of hard fishing. let me know if they are bitting. i hope the leval comes up alittle by then i dont need to wreck anything on my new (used) boat!!!! confused.gif

good luck to all on openers!!!!!

bottomfeeder    0
bottomfeeder

A business acquantence has a cabin on whiteface and says the water is down 18" from normal levels.