Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scotteye

Opener Help.....

4 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone- I'm looking for some suggestions/help as I plan my attack for opener. We do a friendly tourney out of the Sunny-Side Marina on opener (10-15 boats). A lot of the fish came-in North of Stillwater last year. With the low water, do you think I'm better off staying South & a little deeper? Are most people going to be jiggin or riggin? We do a fish fry and a social (Beer/Sodas) at Sunny-Side Marina area after fishing, and all are welcome!

Hard to say if the water stays high the walleyes will hang up there in the parts up nort. The southern channel(neck down)areas should hold fish, as they traditionally do.

If I could I'd fish north anyday, I do like the water high though to do that. Prescott could be on fire this opener? Long way from sunnyside, I know.

Keep Catchin'

Turk

Hey Turk, I hear another great 'help' for walleye on the Croix is to pick up a Limit Creek rod wink.gif

Howdy!

I fish the Croix on Opener every year - I find it very interesting. One area will be great one year and next to nothing the next year.

As far as rigging try vertical jigging for current areas and Lindy types in the sandy, non-current areas.

Make a Pie Chart of some areas and throw a dart or attach a pin & arrow and take 'er for a spin. grin.gif Half funny, half serious...

Good luck out there!!

FFaL