Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
croixeyes

Whos making the Midnight Run?

13 posts in this topic

For those who cant bear to wait for sunup on the 28th there is the classic stroke of midnight.Ive been out there before to greet the opener at 12 sharp,and Im thinking of going again this year.Anyone else thinking of hitting the water EARLY......?

hmmmmm.... hadn't really considered that before now wink.gif. As I have to be off the water around noon (family engagement later in the day tongue.gif) maybe heading out 'early' will help fill the void!

midnight? I'd be up for that, its only 4 hours earlier then I get out anyways.

Ahh let me think?...No. Who are you Dracula?

Every year I get out there earlier and earlier - maybe this year I'll just bite the bullet and try for the 12:01 bite.

The 28th? I thought the opener was on the 5th of May. Am I mistaken? Id hate to miss a week of fishing.

Quote:

The 28th? I thought the opener was on the 5th of May. Am I mistaken? Id hate to miss a week of fishing.

Inland WI opener is on May 5th. The Croix opens for both MN and WI residents/license holders on April 28th! Gotta love living on the border!

Quote:

The 28th? I thought the opener was on the 5th of May. Am I mistaken? Id hate to miss a week of fishing

yes you are, It is the 28th for Wi-MN border and the 21st for MN - SD border waters.

I'll be there for a midnight excursion... Just wonder where to launch. I am guessing the bluffs will be closed at that time, will probably just go out of Hastings access. I wouldn't mind if we had a calm warm night, topped off w/ a few 'eyes.

Ill see you Guys at 6:00 when the Bluffs opens-Has anyone had much luck after dark in the past ? I guess I thought with the stained water as such, the night Bite wouldnt be any better then the daytime bite Hey Youngie -why wouldnt you launch at the Public in downtown Hastings ?

Quote:

Yes, actually it is the 10th of May that the Croix opens and Wisconsin is a week later this year, just like in past years. The WI. crowd is going to have to wait while the MN. crowd gets busy during the true opener.(It is still April right?)! grin.gif

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, actually it is the 10th of May that the Croix opens and Wisconsin is a week later this year, just like in past years. The WI. crowd is going to have to wait while the MN. crowd gets busy during the true opener.(It is still April right?)! grin.gif

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Now that's not nice!!! I didn't think the Croix opened for MN residents until May 19th???? wink.gif

To everybody who plans on heading out for the midnight opener PLEASE be careful. There was a lot of debris floating down the Mississippi this last weekend and I'm sure the Croix is no different. We had a 25'+ tree floating down the river next to us on Saturday. Something like that could end the fun in a hurry.