Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aces In The Hole

Looking for Bait and Gas near Black Bay

6 posts in this topic

A bunch of us rented out Eagles Nest for the last week of May. I was wondering were the nearest bait shop is and where could we get gas for the boats. We are looking for a marina around the Black bay area where we don't have to take the boats out of the water to fill up on gas. Any suggestion would help us out a lot! Thanks! grin.gif

Moosebirds should be able to handle your requests. I don't know for sure if they have gas but there are enough resorts in that area that you shouldn't have any trouble. I'm sure more FM'er will chime in here to get you more accurate info.

moosebirds has both bait and gas. And ice cream. The Landing has gas, and beer.

...and food.

If you're putting your boats in at the public landing just north of Cook on Hwy 24, the boat landing is right in between The Landing and Moosebirds so you shouldn't have any problems finding them. It's about a 5 mile boat ride from Black Bay...20 minutes by my boat, maybe faster by yours!

get baited up at northwoods bait in cook....get what you need at a good price...then get gas at moosebirds ....head-o lakes resort or polleys resort all on the west end and nearby eagles nest.....

Thanks everyone for the info! I appreciate it! I am getting excited to make it up there in a month!