• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Falling water

Turk

I'm thinking with the river falling as fast as it is that, the opener may be a bit off? Hard to say, but I'd love the river to stay high right where it is for the opener. I like the first two weeks of fishing smack dab in the spawning areas but with the water falling fast, they might not be in the normal community holes.

But that's part of the fun! Finding them.

Keep Catchin'

Turk

Turk-How is the water Level in relation to last years opener-we smacked em pretty good last year both days

Right now we are getting close to last years water level.I would say,unless we get some serious rain we will see some low flow by opener.I havent been out yet but,Ive been told water temps from Bayport-north to the highbridge range from 52 to 45.The eyes are in spawn right now so they should be putting on a good feed at opener.Turks right,those usual spots will still have some fish there but there are gonna be other areas that will produce some nice catches.I cant wait to get out there,I actually prefer to fish the odd spots on opener but its fun to motor through the channels and see the fish eaten grins on everyones face.

Hi Turk, I plan on fishing the St Croix on opener. I hear of people fishing the area around the rail bridge, is this a good place to start or will the current play a major role? Thanks for the updates

If you mean the swing bridge near Hudson, Yes that's a good place to start. Early in the year before the walleye chase the shad in the open water, I believe the current is a major factor in finding fish.

Turk