Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
magic_minnow

Hmong Fisherman? I am!

109 posts in this topic

I'm proud to be a Law-obiding Hmong Fisherman in Minnesota. I love fishing. Fellow FM'ers who are hmong, we can come together and combat illegal harvesting. It's a group effort, but when we all come together, things get done. Im simply suggesting a list of things we can say that will not offend anyone. Lets come together fellow Hmong Fisherman! Thanks.

Cheers to you MM. I'm not Hmong but I'm glad to see your efforts.

That's great! Now let's educate the Hmong who fish along Vadnais Lake along the water service road (between the West and East Lakes) to stop making fires to cook their fish by the waters edge. I can't understand it. My dad and I called the DNR on that one.

Quote:

Cheers to you MM. I'm not Hmong but I'm glad to see your efforts.

Roger that beer batter.

Magic Minnow good luck to you and your fellow Hmong.

Quote:

That's great! Now let's educate the Hmong who fish along Vadnais Lake along the water service road (between the West and East Lakes) to stop making fires to cook their fish by the waters edge. I can't understand it. My dad and I called the DNR on that one.

You should have called the cops for that fire....

Im hmong, check out my user name. Is that funny? Ironic huh? Magic_minnow doesnt call me to go fishing cause he knows Ill call TIP on him if he breaks the law.... even though he is my brother.

Hey? What happened to the "Stupid Poachers" thread?

I think it should have been locked not deleted. We MUST have dialog and openness about these issues.

The Turn in Poachers thread was moved to the outdoor discussion fourm... its still there, but didn't belong here anymore.

Sly- I didn't deleate it.. just moved it. I thought for the most part people were doing a good job staying somewhat respectfull. I just didn't think it has as much to do with Metro fishing and thought more people could weigh in on the subject if it was in the outdoor discussion fourm...

I think it all comes down to education and somewhat of a culture change. I have had a few run-ins with unethical behavior, with Hmong and other races alike. Education and accountability are the two biggest things. I was running around Calhoun Saturday and saw a gentleman throwing a bucktail......for Crappies??? I kindly stated to him that Muskie season is not open for some time now and that he could be fined and have his fishing privileges taken away. He complied and stopped fishing. He had no idea that he couldn't fish for just any species and to be completely honest I don't think he knew what that lure was for. This gentelman could bairly speak english, and most likely couldn't read the regulations book. Personally I think the DNR should either print or make a translated version available online because this is such a problem in our state. Just an idea.

Opps my bad! I saw it now in Outdoor Discussion.

Sooo.... turn in poachers , is what you say about magic minnow true? He is telling us what an honest fisherman he is, on the StupidPoachers! thread.

Quote:

Sooo....
turn in poachers
, is what you say about
magic minnow
true? He is telling us what an
honest fisherman
he is, on the StupidPoachers! thread.

Ill tell you this, If we were both fishing and saw some illegal activity, Id call TIP. He would call TIP, talk to the guy, remind him of the rules, whip out the Regulations booklet, check his bucket etc. He's more honest than most people I encounter, put it that way.

We hardly eat fish. If my parents want some fish, we'll keep a couple for them. If not, we're looking for trophies for the wall or for pictures. CPR.

Funny! I think we everyone can play a part on "teaching" EVERYONE....regardless of race, color, shoes, socks. We all love fishing. What I see that really seperates everyone is when people prejudge others and look down upon them. Please, don't blame another person of the same race for someone else's stupidity. I see it all the time and I've gone through similar things. Just a few words to think about.

Other then that...I will always try to educate everyone I see "first" before I make a report. There is a thin line between ignorance and stupidity. wink.gif Play by the rules or pay the fines...they'll learn one day. tongue.gif

I agree Katman, I coudn't have said it better. I know of 3 older gentleman who completely overharvested WBL in the past 4 years from a boat. I believe they were Finnish, Norwegian, and I believe one was of German decent. They would go out 4 to 6 times a week and pull out their limit plus some everytime , during the spawn.

Ok, then why did you, not me, say he will not fish with you out of fear of you, calling TIP on him ?

Read his former post boys, don't blame me for asking about what he posted.

HAHAH! Dude Moby...TUrn IN poachers is my brother. He was simply messing around dude. It's funny how one person can type something on here...and another person totally misinterprets it.

Talk about no sense of humor. smirk.gif

Thanks Deitz for moving to MISC. I agree.

I simply asked if what your brother posted about you was true.

You have misinterpreted what I asked.

Poaching is not something to be lied about, even as a joke on these forums, and will not likley further the Hmong cause.

Anyway, nuff said. I hope everyone on these forums is as honest as they purport to be. blush.gif

It was a little laughter to ease the tension. For the record: No, It is not true. We apologize if it has offended you in any way Moby Richard. I am sorry if I have caused you any emotional, physical or physchological harm in any way at all. If there is anything that I can do to ease this transition, please feel free to reply to this post. If not, I assume that all is dandy. HAPPY FISHING FOLKS! " Goooooone fiiiishing....with BILL DANCE TOOOOOOODAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

hey moby you are completly lost on this matter if you cant tell that was a joke between brothers you have bigger problems confused.gif

Ohhh... my posts were all jokes.... didn't you get it??? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Hey magic, I got your point right away, and I heckle my brother just the same! Good stuff.

And good stuff on your effort to educate all anglers. I used to fish Phalen and those lakes a lot, and there were some issues on both sides of the fence that some understanding could have helped.

I now see Hmong families fishing year after year fishing Bald Eagle, and we have good time chatting and watching bobbers go under. I wish I could get my wife out fishing as much as I see their wives out with them smile.gif errr, maybe I am the lucky one wink.gif

Happy Fishing indeed!

Quote:

hey moby you are completly lost on this matter if you cant tell that was a joke between brothers you have bigger problems

Quote:

Ohhh... my posts were all jokes.... didn't you get it???
grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Oh he got you guys good... tongue.gif