Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocf1

Hidden Falls

12 posts in this topic

I am planning to go to hidden falls on saturday, any tips or advice, never fished there before, i will go for any species, Bass are legal but cpr only correct?

i dont know how many bass u will find guy. I dont think there are many in upper pool 2. Fishin is prety slow up there right know. i would go hit a slab lake and catch some croppie

Quote:

Bass are legal but cpr only correct?

Bass are plentiful on pool 2 it's been slow but with the warm temps it should improve.

There are probably more smallies than walleye. Although you need to get through 10-15 small ones to get a 2-4lber.

thanks for correcting me on the bass pop. i was told there wernt many in there. Got the wrong info. sorry guys

I dont have a boat and will be shore fishing, any advice?

As far as location is concerned, it seems to be changing everyday. I would pack light and stay mobile. Move up and down the shoreline spending a few minutes at likely looking areas. Anything where the current eddys or creates a seam would be great place to start.

You might want to fish off the walking bridge just upriver of the Hidden Falls ramp.

Well i got skunked, only saw 2 boats in 3 hours though, pretty good i immagine, i might be heading out again if we catch some blue skys.

Hows the current at the launch at Hidden falls dam, last year it took a few tries. Smallies there yet?

It's a tough launch with the Eddy but it can be done.

was out at hidden falls the other night up towards the (Contact Us Please) caught a cat and an eye both small kinda far out and got some sort of sucker and a real nice smallie closer to shore i was using a jig head with a 3" minnow grub.