Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Katman

Heading to Minnehaha falls after work today......anyone have reports?

Katman

I'm headed down the dreaded stairway towards the bridge. Anyone fish this spot this weekend? Targeting crappies!

Katman

Just to report back...

Walleye was picking up.....crappies were very slow.....no cats.....minimal suckers......carps were on a frenzy. Lots of minnows everywhere and a few white bass were taken. Water is still pretty cold and low. Give it some rain and time....it'll come back up. grin.gif bye

uwecsteeple

I was down there yesterday (guy in the GB packers shirt), got a smallie, a buffalo, and a carp. The smallie was really black, and didnt put up any fight. I had two other carp but lost them on my 6lb line. Next time I will bring a net! Surprisingly the carp were all on mimmic minnows. wierd

Katman

I think I saw you fighting your monster! I was running up and down the creek for anything worth fishing for. I wasn't at the bridge because there was too many ppl. Good to see people catching fish! I think I'll wait for the water to come up a bit and fish other spots for a while. I'm sure that sandbar will hold whities once the water warms up a bit more. grin.gif

fdr01

so to get to where you guys are talking about you have to go down the stairs by the falls! that is one hell of a hike.i took the kids down there and didnt even make it to the sip.thecreek looks very low too.i saw a group of 4 walking that way with poles so i assumed this was the way or is there another way,i thought i heard you can access the haha dump in by going down by the dog park?fdr

Katman

Yup. Down the stairs to the end then make a right. You'll see the bridge. Don't make my mistake....my first time there...my friend told me to look for a big rock...then right. I saw the big rock at the top of the hill before the stairs......then down the cliff side I went. BOY...was that muddy, dirty, and scary. I missed the part of look for the big rock, DOWN the stairs, then right towards the bridge. But the dog park will work too. Its a popular spot. Like they said in other posts....if you're staying past dark...go with a buddie. There are just some odd ppl there sometimes. But....Walk the creek...find a hole...and fish. You'll never know what will come out of it! grin.gif GL

fdr01

man in the middle of the day you gotta watch it grin.gifbut thanks for the info.fdr

bassfisher

128 steps...and there not the greatest. lol

Larry FlatCaster

Quote:

128 steps...and there not the greatest. lol

You REAP what you Sow...... Its worth the trek. There is a lot of fish to be had any time of year down there........

Katman

Very true! But I don't really mind going down. Its the coming back up part I dread! grin.gif GL and keep us posted!

fdr01

try it with a 40# kid on your shoulders crazy.giffdr

Katman

you got me there! grin.gif

nofishfisherman

I counted 133 steps on Sunday when I was there. But I was getting light headed toward the top so i might have started miss counting.

Sunday I say a carp and a white bass caught, nothing for me, just a light bite or two.

I am going to give it a little while to warm up and then head back down.

And yes the buddy system is a good idea down there. I have run into some strange folks. And a few groups of kids screwing around looking for trouble.

Katman

Those steps seem to change everytime I'm there! grin.gif I swear going back up, I was at 1 million steps! But I'd say you are correct. I'd wait a bit before going back. There are a few regulars there...but that spot seems to attract lots of weirdos too. Try walking a ways down or up the river. When the water is up...the action gets pretty good!

PierBridge

It'a 132 if you count the wood ones at the bottom... grin.gif

Until we get some rain and I mean a lot of rain lake Minnetonka will not open the Dam which means we won't have the necessary flow for productive fishing.

nofishfisherman

What stairs are you taking down, I don't remember any wood steps on the stairs that I take down.

I tend to go down the stairs near the pay parking lot down to the left of the falls a 100 yards in the corner of the little plaza area.

Is there another set of stairs around there besides the one I take and the ones right at the falls?

PierBridge

It's about a block from where the Creek enters the River on the Hiawatha Ave "hyw 55" side of the park there are 2 pay lots but you can park on the street for free you'll see a big rock and a chain head down the path you'll see the stairs.

I did count 133 stairs this morning....but I was tired... grin.gif this will save you time getting to the mouth versus walking from the Falls.

honky kong

i haven't been up to that spot for 5 yrs. and for good reason, there are too many. i have seen some nice fish come out just a ways down from the mouth of the creek. the walk out about killed me every time we went there. maybe try it again this summer.

nofishfisherman

cool, thanks.

I'll have to give that a shot tonight. never hurts to save a few steps.

Katman

This can be a great spot....but you just have to watch yourself...and others. Don't be suprised to see a bank and bridge full at any given time. Its a very popular and random spot. But I just love the random fish that you can catch here.....makes things fun. Hope to see you guys there sometimes.

nofishfisherman

A few fish were caught there last night, nothing spectacular, few white bass, and a good sized carp. Lots of jumping fish, and fishing spots were hard to come by most of the night.

Katman

Thanks for the follow up! I think I'm heading out there Thursday after work....see what I can bring up. grin.gif

nofishfisherman

I might be down tonight. Stopped by Dicks Sporting Goods to get crawlers but they were out. Trying to find another place close by that I can get crawlers, if I find some I'll be down.

I won't be down again until next week otherwise.

Katman

I'd be out there too if I didn't have to show my sell my fish tank at 6:30. By the time I get home in Blaine...I wouldn't want to come back to the falls. I think I'll hit coon rapids to prefish spots before the tourney. Anyone hitting the Carp tourney in June?

nofishfisherman

I was down between 6:30-9:00 last night.

Less people last night with more fish. Mostly walleye last night with a few white bass and an odd carp or mooneye.

I caught one nice walleye and a moon eye on a jig and a gold plastic paddle tail shad. Everyone else was using live minnows on a jig. There was one spot that was more productive then the rest so most of us ended up with a couple fish while one guy caught alot more.

I won't be back until next week but I think the fishing should hold for awhile.