• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Water separating fuel filter suggestions

Hookmaster

Question

I plan on putting a water separating fuel filter on my boat this year. What brands are you happy with? With the research I've done, I like the Racor with the see-through bowl and drain.

2 answers to this question

I've been using Racor for years on diesel boats, they do the job, elements are readily available. Depending on your intended use, the clear bowl for gasoline is not USCG approved, that means no commercial use ie. guiding etc. Just be sure you mount it in an area that you can get a coffee can or similar under it to catch the fuel when changing the element so you won't have gas all over the place. Shop around for replacement elements, they can be spendy.

If I didn't get one with the clear bowl do you empty it a few times a season and replace the filter once a year?