Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
JigginIsLife

Rod Selection

JigginIsLife    0
JigginIsLife

As far as the open season goes i fish about thre different types of fish, walleye, panfish, and bass when i need a pick-me-up confidence booster cuz you can always catch a bass. so i was thinking of the Phenwick HMG for a new walleye rod, just wondering on if anyone else has one and if they would reccomend it and be precise on the rod (ie 6ft med-light), any my other question is what do most people use for a bass rod, or is there a difference?

Lotwfisher    0
Lotwfisher

You picked a great choice. For bass I use a baitcasting rod mostly in a 6'6" so I can get a little more distance and more accurate cast. But the walleye rod will be excellent if need be.

Deitz Dittrich    4
Deitz Dittrich

JIL- A rod doesn't know the species of fish its after. A rod is designed to work a lure. A good Walleye Crankbait rod is not a good walleye jig rod... and a good walleye Jig rod is usually not a very good walleye rigging rod, and deffinatly not a good for running bottom bouncers. But a good walleye jigging rod that you plan on throwing 1/4 oz jigs with on 6-8lb line is going to also be a good rod to fish Bass throwing 1/4 oz jigs on 6-8 lb line.

I can only give you a precice answer on what rod I feel you should buy if you tell me more spacificly what you plan on doing with that rod.

Sorry to be so vauge!

On a side note.. the Fenwick HMG is a very nice rod. But length and action will depend on what you plan on doing with that rod.

Dan Brelje    0
Dan Brelje

I have a 6'M HMG and like it for jigging walleyes. It is a very sensitive rod. I also have a 6'6 ML HMX and like it a little better for walleye fishing, but, the HMG is more sensitive and has better backbone for quick hook sets.

Cbreeze    0
Cbreeze

See Turks rods at www.limitcreek.com . Nice price and great rods!

Breeze

hanson    1
hanson

Cbreeze-

I just picked up a Limit Creek "Smoothie" Friday night and used it hard this weekend. Its a nice stick! I based my decision on recommendations from other guys I trust. I wanted a darn good rod but didn't want to spend a ton of money and I think I made a good choice.

The ultimate decision was between the Limit Creek rod and a St Croix Avid 6'-6" ML Fast Action. They both feel great and I think the St Croix felt a wee bit better, but I couldn't justify twice the price for the Croix.

HateHumminbird    0
HateHumminbird

Chris:

Good observations, as I'm in the same boat.

I used mine to fish 'eyes on Pool 4 this weekend as was duly impressed. Esp. for 'eyes I like the slightly longer length at 6'9". It makes the rod that much more versatile, as you showed by using it for whities. The fast action and sensitive tip was key to our livebait presentation as most strikes were barely detectable.

This rod also has an over-the-counter warranty which I've found superior to the send 'n' wait approach so common with the high-buck rods. The Limit Creek Rod is a wonderful option for those folks looking for a versatile rod at a much lower cost than the HMG's, Avids, and Loomis's.

Joel

markkstanley    0
markkstanley

As Joel knows I really like the Limit Creek Smoothie for fishing the river. Used one all winter and prefer it to my St.Croix Avid for most situations. Planning on giving it a workout spring crappie fishing -6ft 9" extra fast tip ought to be great for slip bobbering. For the money the rod is a steal.