Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fishingbuddy

Trash

fishingbuddy

I know this probably should go into the Mississippi Forum but it applys to all water. I walk my dog along the Mississippi below the 494 bridge. It is amazing on how much trash is on the banks. My girl friend and I started taking those plastic bags from the super market and fill up 4 in about 5 min. If us fishermen pick up just one bag we can make a differerence no matter what river or lake.

Come on opener

fishnbuddy

Lotwfisher

I know exactly. The rivers around here are a mess right now. I did some picking up the other day. I also live right beside an arena and basketball court so this time of the year makes my backyard look like a garbage dump....The worst is the ribbons that the arena uses for the blue and red lines. That comes out when they take out the ice...What a mess!!!!

harvey lee

Thanks for all the thought about the garbage. Your are correct, if we would all pick up a few pieces, things would look much better. smile.gif

lookincalifornia

just yesterday i was fishing a catch and release, no live bait, barbless hooks only trout river. i had to climb over rocks and through wild rasberry bushes and wade ice cold water to get to a really great spot. when i got there, i found 8 or 9 empty beer cans, a castmaster spoon package and 20 yards of 10 pound mono wrapped up in a ball laying on shore. i'm hoping to hit it again next week armed only with garbage bags. in fact, i'll post pics jsut to make sure i follow through. smirk.gif

Catmendo

Gentlemen, unfortunately this is a subject that knows no boundries. No nation or jurisdiction is exempt from those who feel it's ok to disgard their trash when and where they choose.

I was taught by my father, not to leave trash behind. I was taught that by doing so would eventually create problems for wildlife and for that matter people too. I had all the respect in the world for my father and even though he has long passed on, his lessons are always something that I remember.

Maybe if we taught our youth from an early age things might be different. Maybe if our school systems introduced anti-littering messages to our youth, things might improve. I don't have the answers, but I do know that somewhere out there is a solution.

chris63

This is a great time of year to get the kids away from the tube/computer and pickup some of the trash around outside!c63 grin.gif