Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fievel9922

breaking in a motor

4 posts in this topic

I have aquick question for you guys. I just got a new rig. 18 foot warrior tiller with a 115 opti on it. can anyone give advice as to or the best way and how long it takes to break in a motor.

any advice would be appreciated.

Typical motor breakin takes 10 hours. The best bet is to read and follow the recommendations in the manual.

Glenn

Congrats on your purchase! I just bought a new 1890 BT Warrior this spring as well and am extremely excited to get it. I went with a 140 Suzuki on mine however. I would recommend reading the owners manual for your motor as it should tell you exactly how to run your motor during the break-in period. Have fun with your boat and I hope you have a great season on the water!!

Break it in according to the manual. When you bring it in for service the computer will tell the techs what RPMs it was run at, and when,

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• tcwin
      Not sure if some mentioned Sierra Trading Post. I buy my Costa's there and have always paid right around $50.00 for them.  Sign up for email and get a discount flyer, they always are having a sale and free shipping etc.    
    • maxpower117
      All eyes on the forks now. Weather looks perfect for a steady slow release. Minimal impact this year but I'd bet this weekend and next week will be the worts of it. 
    • schucanoe
      The MN DNR website shows the Big Fork just opening up upstream and the Little Fork open for about half of it's length upstream. Flows are high but have been higher in past years so may not be high enough to cause problems. I would think within 4 -5 days one will be able to tell how severe the spring rise in the Forks will be. If the upstream gages begin to drop soon it will be a good sign as it will indicate the big push from upstream is past.
    • mrpike1973
      Got a Abu Garcia veritas medium heavy 7 foot rod paired with a revo sx 7:1 I believe ratio. Will this be a good spinner bait rod? I might play with some bigger bass jigs or 3/8 jig heads with swim tails. I have 2 other rods 7 foot mediums, one for cranks moderate fast action with Revo winch,  and the other all around use a veritas with revo s 6:4 also. tired of having to retie all the time. Should this work? I don't do the big football jig things much. and have spinning rods for wacky and small jigs. Just trying to get a better system worked out Thanks guys. Lots of help on here.
    • Wanderer
      Yes, good report!   I travelled 210 from Brainerd to Duluth and see the ice is getting dark but has only pulled away from shore in a few areas.  I didn't see anyone fishing but did see a few auger piles on the ice.  The piles suggested maybe 10-12 inches of ice.  It'll go soon.   One thing for sure is the stores are DONE with the ice season.  I picked up some custom rods from Northlander and want to put reels on em for this weekend but can't find any in lines anywhere!  Called around too.  Same story - all packed away to get the summer stuff out.