Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
South_Metro_Slayer

are crappies in the shallows yet? im gettin pumped

9 posts in this topic

anybody hit any? today

They were on the surface shallow on tonka this a.m....which was weird since there was floating new super thin ice sheets out there..

We were also getting them at about 1.5-2 ft, over about 8 ft of water.

SUPER light bite.

Glenn

Hit them on Lower Prior this evening in 12-14 fow. Tube jigs seemed to be the ticket as they were not taking my minows. Anyone else had luck on Prior?

They are biting on Tonka... It feels so good... grin.gif

are u trolling, slip bobbering, drifting, i can't quite seem to fool them, must be in the wrong spot. first spring on minnetonka

We picked up some in 4-5 FOW, fishing low on Bald Eagle. Not many, 8-10, but it was only the kids fishing, as they either broke their rods or forgot them, so I let them use mine smile.gif I was trying to cast a 1/48 oz jig with a baitcaster smile.gif hehe, didn't work so hot.

Water was 42-45 degrees.

Found some crappies in 3-5ft of water, up in princeton area. Have to really pick through them but there is plenty biting!!

there in shallow water because that is the water that warms up the fastest. crappies are in the warmest water they can find tright now, like in bays, real shallow in deep water.i just punded them on saturday and sunday on prior. ran out of bait on saturday sdo i cam prepared for sunday but the bite wasnt as heavy but i still caught a bunch. jiggin worked in the peak times of the day but not in the middle of the day. had to resort to live bait in the middle of the day.