• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sucker and carp fishing. The Mississippi was not, but the Rum was hot!

Shack

Well, I could not stayed penned up. A bad day fishing, is better than a day not fishing at all. My two boy’s were bugging me as well. We tried the Otsego park twice this week. A couple of bits was all we got. Kid’s had fun on the play ground. This evening we tried a spot on the Rum River. Boy, what a difference. In an hour and a half, we caught 5 suckers and the carp displayed below. What a blast. The kids had fun and I had fun. The Group of kids in back ground were fishing for sucker, but caught several walleye’s and a couple of cats. Needless to say, my boys and I will be down again on Saturday and possibly Sunday. Nothing bets a fun day with the kids. Below carp photo, I will post some Otsego images. Good luck and will post later.

VfOyZ2xlp0IAVIyAttlKYiM2e3eGdgVt0300.jpg

Carp at Rum River.

K8c0fqanykkocHEUJKfkgE2lJaleRAjQ0300.jpg

Kids at Otsego park (Mississippi River)

v7N9xGhkv+ScZMwZqoSepDUth76ZJ8X20300.jpg

Sunset at Otsego Park (Mississippi River)

rEbh6r43v+vWceiHlCttYuBLh1aN076r0300.jpg

Oh, I can leave out my little guy. He just turned 6 last weekend. "Domino"

P.S.

Rivers are very low. This is not normal spring time occurance. I have found my "spring standby spots" are not were they should be foe level. It made things tough.

Good for you - I'm sure they had a lot of fun. Yeah the Rum looks really low - I wonder what the deal is