Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjohnson5150

North Long Ice

4 posts in this topic

I was just checking for a guy here at work to see if they will be able to throw the dock in on April 21st. Does anyone drive by North Long that would be able to offer up an opinion as to when the ice will be out?

Well as of yesterday I heard there was some one out ice fishing still. He might be lucky enough but it will now depend on how much wind we get with this sun next week. Maybe!?

mr smirk.gif

A few guys have been ice fishing on N. Long and Round this week. I live on Gull and we still have lot's of ice. A few weeks ago we all thought the ice would be out early, but that has all changed with the recent cold weather.

The ice is still not "black". We are expecting warm and sunny weather the next few days. I at this point think the ice will be out on the larger lakes in the Brainerd area between the 21st and 25th of this month. Maybe a little later than normal.

We should have open water the weekend of the 27th for sure...

I hope this helps...

JC

I went by there saturday and saw someone fishing out there. I am on Ossawinamakee lake and there was about 20" of ice about 50 yards out from shore so it will be a while yet. I am guessing the 25th for our lake if the weather stays as forcasted.