Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crappiedriller

crappie report from April 4-6

4 posts in this topic

Sorry this took so long, but I have been trying to get my pict.s to post with my report, and it's not working, so here is my report for Wed. through Fri. April 4-6. We went to rainy lake in search of scrictly catching crappies through the ice. Conditions were absolutely horrible with 30 mph north winds each day, and about a zero degree windchill. It was nearly impossible to fish, but we were prepared for the conditions and we drilled 100's of holes each day with our high speed gas drills until we found crappies. The baits that everyone said to use, ended up not catching much due to the fish being completely shut off with the weather. Most of the spots did not pan out either, but that's fishing.......we found our own spots, which is just the way it goes and that's what you have to do much of the time unless you are actually FISHING WITH someone who knows the area very well. Catching those beautiful crappies made all the holedrilling worth while. I would like to thank everyone who gave me tips for the trip. (Woody,Fishmiester,Tearin'Lips,UGUIDE,and SuperBlack.........and anyone else that I have missed). I would especially like to thank Woody's resort for the great accomodations that were second to none. Oh, and we also caught some really nice whitefish (up to 5 lbs.) and beautiful northern (up to 15 lbs.)

Here are the pics! Awesome fish congrats!

chillycrappies.jpgfivepounds.jpg

Must be windy! Where did the hat go?

windburn.jpg

This one looks real cold! Nice Catch!

verycold.jpg

Wisconsin hat????? Really? If I would have known that these pics wouldn't be up here. grin.gif

twopounds.jpg

Need to take Grammar again!

thanks for helping me out with the pictures. By next time, hopefully I will have it figured out! thanks again! PS The Wisconsin Hat is just a disguise (ha ha) my buddy is from northern minnesota, not far from Rainy Lake.

Hey Nice fish!! and Good pics.. nice to fish and catch fish with no one else around isn't it...