Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
so haaad

Cabelas Fly Lines

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any experience with any of the Cabelas fly lines, like the Prestige or Prestige Plus? I've always been a Cortland line guy in the past, but I see that the Cabelas lines are a little cheaper. Cabelas also advertises that their lines are comparable to some of the higher qualitiy lines on the market. Who makes the Cabelas lines?

I'd love to know! I'm off to Cabelas......at 5! I'd love to know before I pick up another set of the 555's!

I believe they are made by Cortland. I strung my kids up with 5wt Cabela's lines from the bargin bin this past winter ($20). The 5wt works on my daughters 4/5 weight and seems a bit light on my Son's 5wt. I haven't used them enough to form a strong opinion of them yet.

the one plus is they would have Cabela's unconditional return policy so if they don't perform well you could bring it back. Should also check cortland's website for their clearance lines......usually 50% off.

i have used both there lines and i will say the prestige plus is a good line it is stiff and real slick so it shoots real well & floatation is alright. im sure if you ask they will let you cast one as they have it on most of there demo reels, at least the did when I worked for them the prestige is a little softer doesent qiete shoot as well ,also be cause of is softness it also picks up dirt a soils quickly

I have Prestige and Prestige Plus on two reels I used last year. I bought a new reel afew weekago and put some 444 classic on it. Wow! I love the 444.

To me the Cabelas fly lines seem to want to float around in the air making it load the rod oddly.

This is in 5 weight.