Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CALVINIST

Mercury repair....

8 posts in this topic

I have an old Mercury Kiekeifer motor that needs some work. Is there a place in the metro area that specializes in Mercs? I thought there is a place in Minneapolis, but not sure.

Thanks in advance wink.gif

Twin City Outboard

600 Canterbury Road

Shakopee, MN 55379

Phone: 952-496-1951

Robbinsdale Marine works on old outboard motors - can't give you the phone number here. Got in trouble last time.

Robbinsdale Marine has taken good care of a friend of mine. We had problems on the water last year and we were on the phone with them for 15-20 minutes. They're usually very fast, as well.

are they reasonably priced?, got a 6 horse johnson, a 76, that ocasionally spits and sputters at WOT, then runs fine. thinking maybe points or condenser, since it sat in pasture for 5 years with no use. anyone know of a problem like that and the solution??

I have a 78 6 horse johnson. A couple of years ago it did the same thing. It ended up being the fuel line screen housing (i am sure that is not what it is called) had a small crack in it. changed it, at a cost of 4 or 5 dollars and it still works great. Also check your oil gas mixture.

thanx for the reply avidfisher, was that screen located where the gas line plugs into the outboard, at the fuel pump, or behind the carb in the outboard?

Also, i believe i am running a 50:1 mixture

it was located at the carberator. If you were to try and prime the hose with out it running, you could see a little gas coming out which is how i noticed it. Hope this helps. I got the part at robinsdale marine. i was also told (before i found the problem) to check the hose and also the can cause any escape of pressure can cause it to sputter i also changed the plug which you have to get at a marine. Parts store does not carry it.