Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Can'tFishEnuf

Tetonka on the Lakemaster Chip

11 posts in this topic

The 07 chip looks like it has 2 maps layered on top of each other. One is a 3 foot contour and the other a 5 foot, I think. Does anyone know which one is correct? It's really goofy looking and hard to read. I don't know much about this lake and I'm thinking about giving it a try this spring. I guess I'll find out soon enough out on the water. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Were you zoomed in. If not it will be cluttered.

My chip is 5' for Tetonka.

Yea, I had it zoomed in. It's very wierd looking. You can see a number of 3 foot lines and then a 5 foot line will come shooting across. Some of the 5 foot lines don't make sense with the 3 foot. For example, it has 12, 15, 18 feet then a couple 30 and 35 lines overlay it. This is the only lake that I have noticed this on, so I think it may just be Tetonka. confused.gif

Maybe you have defective chip? Try to find someone you can compare apples to apples with. Also what unit is it in? Does it need a firmware update? Just thoughts to try.

I have the H2O. I saw a post about there being an update, but I don't have a card reader to copy the files to. I see I can call Lowrance and they will send one. The map and unit look like they are operating fine. It just looks like two maps being overlayed. I am going to contact Lakemaster and see if this is a defect or what. Thanks guys!

I know that my chip works just fine on TeTonka. As Otter stated it is a 5' map. The direction I would go is to Lakemaster as you will get to the bottom of it there. I would guess the chip is the problem if its only on 1 lake map.

I would follow Harvey lees lead. Lowrance should be able to solve your problems.

I have the same problem with the 07 chip. My old chip was fine with the 5 ft contours. Looks like they copied a their new 3ft contour map over the old DNR style map. Makes it kinda difficult to read... The old 5 ft contour map had poor-average accuracy. Im not sure how accurate the 3 ft map is.

I sent Lakemaster an email just this morning and I already got a response. Pretty good for a Saturday.

"This has been brought to our attention. Lowrance

is the product manufacturer. We provide them with the

lake information. The 5-foot contour map should have

been removed, but was not. You should use the 3-foot

contours."

I would make sure they know there is still something not right. You shouldn't have to deal with that.