Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Papa Grump

Belle Plaine Cat League

185 posts in this topic

The sun is out,( finally) the water is high, birds are singing ,it's almost kitty kat time! I plan on having a meeting on Friday , April 27th at the Borough Bowl in Belle Plaine around 8:00 to discuss and put together year # 5 of the league.

brian

ALRIGHT!!!!

This could be you grin.gif

CatfishLeague2006Pimps.jpg

Quote:

This could be you
grin.gif

Nice shot there DTRO>

I have to admit I was a happy camper winning 5 envelopes I took home a pretty penny last season!!!!!!

Better count me in Mates. Gonna have to take a shot at retaining the title.

I'm Hard pressed to be giving up my Pimping Flat Cat Hat.

thanks

LFC

This is the post I've been waiting for. Now it's spring. Last year was my first year catfishing, and it would have been pretty dismal without all the help from this league. If you are thinking about trying catfishing, there isn't a better way to get started. I definitely want to fish with the league this year.

I might just have to consider making this meeting. smile.gif Looks like I wont be able to make the meeting.

Quote:

This could be you
grin.gif

Oh dear Lord! blush.gif

Where's the photo of RiverRat with the monkey on his back. Doh! shocked.gif

I'll be there

Wish I had time to get involved in the league again. I may stop in for couple pops and try to get a bead on "Jarrax" tho! grin.gif

Sure am looking forward to that first "lick" !

I see that the hats I donated are being put to a good use.Since they are for the winners, I,ve picked up something that the losers can be photographed with. Hanson, since you live closest to me, if I were to get it to you, could you take it to the gathering at Belle Plaine? That is, if you are going there. Give me a call and leave a message at 952-933-4929.

Quote:

I see that the hats I donated are being put to a good use.Since they are for the winners, I,ve picked up something that the losers can be photographed with. Hanson, since you live closest to me, if I were to get it to you, could you take it to the gathering at Belle Plaine? That is, if you are going there. Give me a call and leave a message at 952-933-4929.

ICE HOUSE BOB... the caps were worn with pride and style. thanks for starting a tradition. I don't want to give up the Flat Cap..... and I can bet Blue Kayak doesn't want to give the the Channel cap. Until we are dethroned!!!! LOL

thanks Mate!!

LFC

Bob-

I'll get in touch with you although I'm leaving town tonight and will be gone til Monday. Expect a call 1st thing next week.

I'm in!

Do I start talking smack now??? grin.gif

Quote:

Do I start talking smack now???

When did it stop?!?!? grin.gif

Glad to see your fishing again Dennis. smile.gif

I'll be there. Was fun meeting some of y'all at the sturgeon excursion. Seeya Friday.

Quote:

Quote:

Do I start talking smack now???

When did it stop?!?!? grin.gif

Thats what I was thinking! wink.gif

Hanson, I'm home for the rest of the evening. Give me a call about the losers' prize for the cat gathering. shocked.gif952-933-4929.

How many people are we looking to get in. I think I can get another capt to sign if needed.

thanks

LFC

FYI - I have no river boat. I hope there's room. Grump thought there probably would be. I'll stop by Friday and we'll see I suppose. If not, I can always check into buying another boat....but the wife probably wouldn't approve.

I cannot make the meeting Friday as I will be in Perham for FM stuff. Count me in though.

I haven't given it much thought on how many people will be in the league, which we can discuss this Friday. Sounds like most everybody is back with 4-6 new members.

Quote:

FYI - I have no river boat. I hope there's room.

I believe it was hard to find riders last year for the league. Captains should be represented well. I moved up from rider to captain this year but have no problem sliding back to rider if it works best for the league.

Great thing about being a rider is you get to see how all the other captains fish the river, sort of like a guide service. But if you go with Grump, it'll just be a shuttle service. shocked.gif

I have heard good things about the league, I think I will have to stop by and see what it's all about. Thanks, Kyle

Quote:

I moved up from rider to captain this year but have no problem sliding back to rider if it works best for the league.

:

Your being a capt this year with that new rig of yours Hanson.

I vote that Capts from last year have first dibs on shifting to riders if they want, Not that I'm saying that I want to be a rider after taking the cake on the Flats division being a capt last year.

(Yes thats smack talking to you guys.....shocked.gif)

I want a shot a seeing someone else torque a prop besides me.. LOL

I'm kidding.... though it would be unrealistic to say that I hope no one hits anything this year, It just happens confused.gif

See you friday Mates.

thanks

LFC