Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ringo

Buying a new GPS

3 posts in this topic

I am looking at purchasing a new GPS unit for my boat and was wondering which features were most important to other FM members. I am looking for a stand alone unit, most likely a Lowrance Globalmap. Color vs mono, internal vs external antenna. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

Lowrance is nice for for ability to take map chips and the ability to easily network with other units. Eagle makes great units too that are a little cheaper than Lowrance, no network options though.

I'd say go color for sure, and I prefer external mount antennas. And I'd take a higher pixel count (better resolution) over a larger screen any day.

Lowrance Lowrance Lowrance... They make the Best GPS on the market today, With the chips that are out there today and the color screens that are in the Lowrance you cant affort not to go with them. They make all kinds of different sizes of screens and that is up to you for which one to get. If you have any question drop me and email i like talking fishing!!! cool.gif