Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irishjigs

Lake Edward in Summer

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I've fished Lake Edward once before in late July, but I was hoping to get input on what to expect in the last week of June. I traditionally fish Mille Lacs for walleyes and occasionally smallmouth. Can I expect to fish with rigs and slip floats like Mille Lacs? Are there other applications used? How about other species of fish? I'm stocking up this week on the fishing supplies and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks All,

Gregg

There are definately some nice walleyes in there. I had a slow winter out there compared to last, though. Rigs and slip will both work, but don't rule out cranks either. In June I guess my choices would be Lindy's,then cranks, then bobbers if you can find them on concise structure locations which aren't as common as ML.

You won't have any trouble finding northerns in Edwards usually. Both the bass and panfish populations and crazy in there too. The panfish can be very nice sized, but I've found them difficult to locate after spring. I know they are obviously in there, but I don't spend much time looking after walleye season opens.

Hope this helps, good luck.

A couple years back, I was able to find some huge sun fish about mid June...NW corner of the lake off the reeds in about 12-15' with flu-flus tipped with crawlers.

If you can fish walleye, you should be able to pick them up on the lake. Find some structure, and ask at the bait shop the depth for that particular time of the year, and you should be in business. Not as easy to fish as Pelican, but usually can find something.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.