• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2007 HSO Turkey Contest Submission Forum

Borch

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Post your pics and completed submission form here. The submission form is in the rules forum on the second page. Make sure to reread the rules for submission requirements. Have a great, safe, fun season everyone!!!!

Ok here we go......................

Idaho "mutt" 4-15-07 team #4 "Limbhangers" (I think)

I've seen triple beards, heard of 4 but not heard of or seen 5!

Trying to figure out how to post the contest form..........

Can I fax it or email it?

P4150950.JPG

P4150951.JPG

P4150952.JPG

P4160963.JPG

P4160970.JPG

P4170972.JPG

P4160969.JPG

P4160968.JPG

P4160967.JPG

P4160966.JPG

P4160965.JPG

WallydogHSOForm.gif

NWTF Score = 96.35

Danged Idaho mutants! Turkeys with 5 beards and hunters with 3 hands...! grin.gif

Nice bird!

Good Luck!

Ken

that third hand could acually come in real handy,no pun intented

nice bird wallydog!!

Quote:

do we add up the length of all five beards?

Yes that is the procedure. Awesome bird there Wallydog!

Great bird!

Borch, did he fill out the "paperwork" (pictures, measuring tape, etc.) correctly and is this how we all should submit our birds?

Wally:

Congrats on the freak! What a bird. I knew someone would take a non-typical and turn the contest on its head, but I didn't think it would be the first one entered!

I've never seen 5 beards either, but like most of the multiple-bearded birds I've run into, there's one beefy beard, and the others are just a couple of strands-per. Very cool to see.

With all that beard, did you really need to include the weight of that soaking wet cardboard box? You've got enough score the way it is. Sheesh smile.gif Kidding.

Joel

Joel,

I had the little bird weighed at locker plant that had a super duper scale that zeros out with the soaking wet box prior to weighing that wimpy little bird.

WD

"Whimpy"?

With over 30" of beard there, I have a feeling that most of us will never shoot a bird that scores as high as that one does! Good work!

Joel

Geez!

Yep, thats the right word! How hung up with the Limbhangers are you? You seem more like a Record Maker! grin.gif How 'bout switchin next year if I make a team! wink.gif

Congrats!

I'm just a little sorry for the length of my post........but there needed to be some "extra" pics to eliminate the questions bout the legitimacy of the "5 bearded wonder". I been on probably a hundred or so turkey kills and never ever have I seen a freak like this fella.

Interestingly he was traveling with a bearded hen as well, I was able to video tape her bout 10' from my blind about an hour prior to her return with this bad boy.

WD

Quote:

Great bird!

Borch, did he fill out the "paperwork" (pictures, measuring tape, etc.) correctly and is this how we all should submit our birds?

Only thing he's missing is the witnessed Submission form which I believe is in my email box at home. Once I get that posted he'll be set and I'll post a score for his bird.

Nice bird Wallydog !

Oh yea and I'm on team 4 too. BWhahhahaha.

Very nice bird and congrats. How one is going to beat that bird is a tough one.

This bird isn't as big, but the story is as great.

SPUR COLLECTORS ( team 1)

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG.jpg

If i'm missing any thing let me know. The bird has been cleaned. But this bird was the first bird Chelsey, who is in the pic with me, has called in and it was an unforgetable story.

Score = 67.82

Great bird Outfished, Looks like you whacked him just down the road from my old stomping grounds in Appleton!

WD

yep, a little ways down the road. but its a small world. But i can't remeber being so excited to take a turkey. Like i said this was chelsey's first hunt and i figured it was the first day so i'd let her do the calling, with a mouth call. But this moring after they hit the ground it was slient, so we spotted this guy and two hens out in a field and i started belly crawling out to cut them off. I got within 90 yrds, and then chelsey started yelping and he turn and gobbled and came a running. I took him at about ten yards. he was so into her calling he left his hens, like i said gobbled his head off. But was so excited for her to have that experence. The first thing she said was i'm applying for a tag next year. But what a great time!!!

Got this one yesterday, early afternoon bird. See following story on the hunt "Unlucky Bird."

bird_rs.JPG

tag_rs.JPG

weigh_rs.JPG

weigh2_rs.JPG

bd1_rs.JPG

bd_rs.JPG

lspur_rs.JPG

rspur_rs.JPG

score_rs.JPG

form_rs.JPG

Pictures of spurs didn't turn out too well in the field, so I took the best of what I had from multiple photos. I found it difficult to hold the beard/spurs while keeping the ruler in the right place, while taking a good photo! I would recommend some help when you do yours.

Joel

Score = 61.375

congrats on the bird. I hope you enjoyed your nwtf weight/score as i did, it helped alot. But i didn't know if we were suppose to post that score or if Borch was going to post a score. but i vividly remeber the score, but didn't get a picture of it. So let me know if i'm suppose to score it or what to do now. But again congrats on the bird. Yesterday, was a great day to be in the trukey woods. uphere we could of done with out the mud, but it was a great day no less.

Thank you, and I think a congrats is in order for you guys! My bird was a fluke of sorts, and yours was hard earned and won.

As for the scale, I can't say enough about the thing. It's ultra convenient for the records I keep, and the cable cinch beats years of trying to put the fishing scale "hook" just the right way around the spur/leg without the whole thing spilling off.

I think Borch will score it independently, so I don't think you need worry about it.

We could've used more rain actually.....no mud whatsoever. I could've done without the wind!

Joel

I'll get scores posted a bit later.

Nice bird Joel!

Nope, wasn't the same bird, not even close. Very honestly, if someone does take that bird, the hooks will be around 2", and the beard should be quite a bit better as well.

I made the early decision to write that one off and stick to it. Now if I had a month to hunt him like many other states permit.....well, I'm sure I would've taken a few cracks at him. I had permission on an adjacent property, but he's been spending all his time with hens in the middle of that field.....virtually untouchable save early morning if I could steer him my way.

Too many times I've learned the hard lesson of not making it too personal. There's quite a few birds out there, still breathing, that I've come oh so very close to getting. Names like "loudmouth," "pacer," and "early," come to mind, as I know the habits of these birds and properties which they frequent. Some have probably been shot, others might have died by now, but they all have given me fits over the years. Bad birds. Sometimes it's best to walk away if you intend to fill your tag. smile.gif

Joel

Fluke i don't think there is such a thing in turkey hunting. It would be a fluke for me to have a turkey to pitch out and walk stright into a decoy set. But i very much agree with your unlucky post. things can change to fast to get caught sleeping and when they do change its fun story hunts, like yours, that come out of it.