Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
srj

I 68 form no longer needed?

4 posts in this topic

Would any of you Falls guys know anything about the I-68 no longer being needed? The subject came up on the Rainy River forum here. Please weigh-in if you can shed some light on the matter.

Thanks

I was informed in the customs office Saturday, They explained to me if you cross by boat and set foot on canadian soil you need an I68 to cross back into the states. If you don't set foot on land you wouldn't need the I68. The I68 costs 16.00 and the process was pretty painless for me....Hope that helps..

But you still need the R.B.C. from Canada acording to Canada Imigration. I asked yesterday and that was the responce I got but am not sure if it is correct, it seems to not mesh with what U.S. told me.

Yes for the canadian part of crossing in a boat you need the RBC. For the US part of crossing in a boat you only need the I68 if you set foot on Canadian soil. Its confusing trying to satisfy two seperate countries and their regulations....the best way to find out is to call both the US immigrations and the Canadian immigrations. The Canadian part can be obttained thru the mail.